A Christmas Carol
Ira David Wood III's presented by Theatre In The Park
Dec 19 - 22 , 2013
One of the Triangle’s Most Beloved Christmas Traditions
Now with 5 Performances at DPAC!
A Christmas Carol – It only happens once a year! One of the Triangle’s most beloved Christmas traditions will once again be featured at the Durham Performing Arts Center this December for five shows only. Ira David Wood III’s hit musical comedy adaptation of the Charles Dickens classic will run December 19th through 22nd, 2013 in Durham. Last year’s shows at DPAC sold out, so plan on getting your tickets early!
Theatre In The Park's original musical comedy adaptation of A Christmas Carol, based on the book by Charles Dickens and adapted for the stage by Ira David Wood III, has been cited as “one of the most successful shows in North Carolina theatre history” and voted one of “the top 20 events in the Southeast” by the Southeast Tourism Society. A Christmas Carol has become a holiday tradition in the Southeast, and has also enjoyed critically acclaimed tours to England and France. Most recently in November of 2009, A Christmas Carol celebrated another international tour to Compiegne, France. A Christmas Carol was the first full scale theatrical event staged at DPAC during its opening week in December of 2008. Approximately 30,000 people attend the local production runs in Raleigh and Durham each year.
• Act 1 - 1 hour
• Intermission - 20 minutes
• Act 2 - 1 hour and 30 minutes
Set times are approximate, and subject to change.
- All guests require a ticket, regardless of age. Children under the age of 3 are not allowed at these performances. Children must also be able to sit quietly in their own seat without disturbing other guests.
To better serve DPAC Concert, Comedy, and Broadway Fans in our primary market area, online sales to this event will be restricted to residents of North Carolina. Online orders by residents outside of this approved sales area will be canceled without notice and refunds given. If you live outside of the approved sales area or are using a credit card with a billing address outside of the approved sales area, you can still purchase tickets by calling the DPAC Ticket Center at 919.680.2787
- Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 7:00 PM
- Friday, December 20, 2013 - 7:00 PM
- Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 2:00 PM
- Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 7:00 PM
- Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 2:00 PM
- Dec 19 - 22 , 2013
- DPAC Seating Chart
- Photography and Video Recording is prohibited. All electronic devices (cell phones, smart phones, tablets, digital cameras) must be turned off before entering the seating area. Cameras with detachable lens are not allowed into the building.
- Visit the DPAC Parking Guide