American Dance Festival at DPAC
Jun 20 - 21 , 2014
Ballet Hispanico’s fresh repertory melds Latin dance with classical and contemporary techniques to create a new theatrical and passionate style. Led by Artistic Director Eduardo Vilaro, Ballet Hispanico makes its ADF debut with a spectacular program including Vilaro’s Danzón, a work that takes a traditional and quintessentially Cuban dance form and reinvents it with contemporary movement riffs. Annabelle Lopez Ochoa’s Sombrerísimo is an athletic tour de force for six men, full of rhythmic agility and stylistic flair. Show.Girl., a new work commissioned by ADF, is the much-anticipated latest creation by ADF audience favorite, Rosie Herrera.
Show.Girl. by Rosie Herrera is commissioned by ADF with support from The Mary Duke Biddle Foundation and the Doris Duke/SHS Foundations Award for New Dance.
Children's Matinee Performance Saturday, June 21 at 1 PM: The Children's Matinee series presents performances by three of the acclaimed professional dance companies that perform during the season. These one-hour performances are specially curated to ignite and inspire the imaginations of children and each is followed by a free Kid's Party in the DPAC lobby, complete with live music from The Buzztown Band, activities, face-painting, snacks, and more.
- Kid's Night Out: youth, ages 6-16, are invited to attend any evening ADF performance for free with the purchase of a single ticket or subscription. Kid's Night Out (KNO) tickets give patrons the ability to share their love of the ADF and modern dance with the next generation of dance-goers.
- ADF Go: Audience members ages 18-30 can receive $10 tickets to any performance. To receive discount, patrons must visit the box office in person with a valid ID. One ticket per valid ID.
- Student Rush Tickets: All full-time students can receive half-priced tickets! Just present a valid student ID at the box office window one hour prior to the start of each ADF performances. Subject to availability. One ticket per valid ID.
- Friday, June 20, 2014 - 8:00 PM
- Saturday, June 21, 2014 - 1:00 PM
- Saturday, June 21, 2014 - 8:00 PM
- Jun 20 - 21 , 2014
- DPAC Seating Chart
Find single tickets at 919.680.2787, Ticketmaster, or the DPAC Ticket Center.
- Photography and Video Recording is prohibited. All electronic devices (cell phones, smart phones, tablets, digital cameras) must be turned off before entering the seating area. Cameras with detachable lens are not allowed into the building.
- Visit the DPAC Parking Guide