Aug 10 , 2013
"Politically Incorrect" Comedian & Host of HBO's "Real Time"
Show length is approximately 90 minutes.
For the last eighteen years, Bill Maher has expanded the boundaries of where funny political talk can go on American television.
First on “Politically Incorrect” (Comedy Central, ABC, 1993-2002), and for the last seven years on HBO’s “Real Time”, Maher’s combination of unflinching honesty and big laughs have garnered him twenty-one Emmy® nominations. In October of 2008, this same combination was on display in Maher’s uproarious and unprecedented swipe at organized religion, “Religulous”, directed by Larry Charles (Borat). The documentary has gone on to become the 7th highest grossing documentary ever. In addition to “Real Time” – which has featured such regular visitors as Robin Williams, Arianna Huffington, Alec Baldwin and Michael Moore – Maher has written five bestselling books.
Maher started his career as a stand-up comedian in 1979, and still performs at least fifty dates a year in Las Vegas and in sold-out theaters all across the country. Maher was born in New York City, raised in River Vale, N.J. and went to Cornell University. He now resides in Los Angeles.
Cool Summer Nights Restaurant Sponsor:
Download a special Bill Maher offer from Blue Corn Cafe
- All guests require a ticket, regardless of age. No one under the age of 5 admitted into the theater, and children must be able to sit quietly in their own seat without disturbing other guests.
- To better serve DPAC Concert, Comedy, and Broadway Fans in our primary market area, online sales to this event will be restricted to residents of North Carolina. Online orders by residents outside of this approved sales area will be canceled without notice and refunds given. If you live outside of the approved sales area or are using a credit card with a billing address outside of the approved sales area, you can still purchase tickets by calling the DPAC Ticket Center at 919.680.2787.
- Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 8:00 PM
- Aug 10 , 2013
- DPAC Seating Chart
- Photography and Video Recording is prohibited. All electronic devices (cell phones, smart phones, tablets, digital cameras) must be turned off before entering the seating area. Cameras with detachable lens are not allowed into the building.
- Visit the DPAC Parking Guide