Jul 31 - Aug 5 , 2012
CHICAGO is BACK IN TOWN and its PURE ENTERTAINMENT!
Now celebrating 13 glorious years of girls, glitz and glamour on the Great White Way, the record-breaking smash hit musical CHICAGO is now the sixth longest-running musical production in Broadway history ... and shows no sign of ever slowing down!
Murder. Greed. Corruption. Violence. Exploitation. Adultery. Treachery. Set amidst the razzle-dazzle decadence of the 1920s, CHICAGO is the story of Roxie Hart, a housewife and nightclub dancer who maliciously murders her on-the-side lover after he threatens to walk out on her. Desperate to avoid conviction, she dupes the public, the media and her rival cellmate, Velma Kelly, by hiring Chicago’s slickest criminal lawyer to transform her malicious crime into a barrage of sensational headlines, the likes of which might just as easily be ripped from today’s tabloids.
Christie Brinkley is unable to perform due to illness; Bianca Marroquin flies in from Broadway to perform the role of Roxie Hart. Click here for full release.
Check out the stellar reveiws from opening night:
- A fun, fantastic performance of 'Chicago' - The Herald Sun
"If there was a Tony Award for showmanship in the face of adversity, then Marroquin should get one for her outstanding performance." -Raleigh Telegram
- Content Advisory: Includes some scenes of violence and adultery, as well as some off-color dialogue. Parental discretion advised.
- Age Requirement: As a courtesy to our patrons, it is the policy of the theatre not to admit children under the age of 5 to our Broadway at DPAC shows.
- 1st Act: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Intermission: 20 minutes
- 2nd Act: 56 minutes
Pursuant to §14-344.1(b) of the General Statutes of North Carolina, the Durham Performing Arts Center has filed a notice with the NC Secretary of State prohibiting the Online Resale of Admission Tickets to this event at a price greater than the price on the face of the ticket.
- Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 7:30 PM
- Wednesday, August 1, 2012 - 7:30 PM
- Thursday, August 2, 2012 - 7:30 PM
- Friday, August 3, 2012 - 8:00 PM
- Saturday, August 4, 2012 - 2:00 PM
- Saturday, August 4, 2012 - 8:00 PM
- Sunday, August 5, 2012 - 1:00 PM
- Sunday, August 5, 2012 - 6:30 PM