Gladys Knight and The O'Jays
Family Reunion Tour
Jun 30 , 2013
7:00pm - Gladys Knight
7:55pm - Intermission
8:25pm - The O'Jays
(All set times are approximate and subject to change.)
The Empress of Soul with America’s Treasured R&B Trio
Rock and Roll Hall of Famers with Five Decades of Smash Hits
Come Join Our Family Reunion!
The great ones endure, and Gladys Knight and The O'Jays have long been two of the greatest. The labels ‘icon’ and ‘legend’ are often overused, but no truer words have been spoken about these two performers. Both are Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees, multiple Grammy® nominees and staunch humanitarians.
Eight-time Grammy® winner Gladys Knight has enjoyed #1 hits in pop, R&B and Adult Contemporary including her mega-hits “Midnight Train to Georgia” and "Neither One of Us (Wants to Be the First to Say Goodbye)." She has triumphed in film, television and live performance. Following her successful run competing on Dancing With the Stars, Knight found herself again on stage with the currently syndicated sitcom, The First Family, where she plays the mother of President William Johnson. Coming fall 2013, Knight will lend her musical expertise to Centric’s original series Apollo Live.
The O'Jays--Eddie Levert, Sr., Walter Williams, Sr. and Eric Nolan Grant--have amassed 24 Top Ten smashes and 59 total charted songs and 50-plus years making such international hits as "Back Stabbers," "For The Love Of Money," "Love Train," "I Love Music" and "Use Ta Be My Girl." The O'Jays, who last performed at DPAC on January 15, 2012, are light years away from easing up on the gas. Like fine wine, The O'Jays just get better with time.
Cool Summer Nights Restaurant Sponsor:
- All guests require a ticket, regardless of age. No one under the age of 5 admitted into the theater, and children must be able to sit quietly in their own seat without disturbing other guests.
- To better serve DPAC Concert, Comedy, and Broadway Fans in our primary market area, online sales to this event will be restricted to residents of North Carolina. Online orders by residents outside of this approved sales area will be canceled without notice and refunds given. If you live outside of the approved sales area or are using a credit card with a billing address outside of the approved sales area, you can still purchase tickets by calling the DPAC Ticket Center at 919.680.2787.
- Sunday, June 30, 2013 - 7:00 PM
- Jun 30 , 2013
- DPAC Seating Chart
- Photography and Video Recording is prohibited. All electronic devices (cell phones, smart phones, tablets, digital cameras) must be turned off before entering the seating area. Cameras with detachable lens are not allowed into the building.
- Visit the DPAC Parking Guide