The Best of Jethro Tull performed by Ian Anderson
Featuring new album Homo Erraticus
Oct 4 , 2014
7:00pm - Lobby Doors Open
7:30pm - Seating Areas Open
8:00pm - Set 1
9:20pm - Set 2
All times are approximate and subject to change.
The Best of JETHRO TULL Live
featuring new album HOMO ERRATICUS
Legendary progressive rock pioneer Ian Anderson will be releasing a new studio album Homo Erraticus this spring. The album continues the story of Anderson's favorite enfant terrible from Thick As A Brick, Gerald Bostock. Ian and his band (guitarist Florian Opahle, bassist David Goodier, keyboardist John O'Hara and drummer Scott Hammond) will stop at DPAC Saturday, October 4, as part of this new tour where Homo Erraticus will be performed in its entirety followed by a selection of Tull classics updated with video and theatrics.
Ian Anderson recently won The Prog God Award from Prog Magazine, celebrating the innovators of rock who have inspired generations and carved a way for others to be at their creative best. There is no one who has pushed the boundaries more than Ian Anderson, who to this day remains immersed in his love for the music.
Fronting seminal prog outfit Jethro Tull and performing simply under his own name, Ian Anderson has performed in more than 54 countries over 45 years; he is widely considered an icon of the genre and is recognized as the protagonist of the flute in rock music. With over 60 million albums sold in its career, Tull has been characterized by Anderson’s trademark acoustic textures created with ethnic flutes and whistles together with acoustic guitar and the mandolin family of instruments.
- All guests require a ticket, regardless of age. Children under the age of 5 are not allowed at most DPAC performances including Broadway, Concerts and Comedy shows. Children must be able to sit quietly in their own seat without disturbing other guests.
- Durham Performing Arts Center is located in Durham, North Carolina. Sales to this event will be restricted to residents of North Carolina and areas of Southern Virginia bounded by I-81 on the West, I-64 on the North and I-85 on the East. Residency will be based on credit card billing address. Orders by residents outside North Carolina and Virginia will be canceled without notice and refunds given. If you live outside of the approved sales area or are using a credit card with a billing address outside of the approved sales area, you can still purchase tickets by calling the DPAC Ticket Center at 919.680.2787.
- Saturday, October 4, 2014 - 8:00 PM
- Oct 4 , 2014
- DPAC Seating Chart
Starting Friday, February 21 at 10 a.m., find tickets at 919.680.2787, Ticketmaster, or the DPAC Ticket Center.
- Photography and Video Recording is prohibited. All electronic devices (cell phones, smart phones, tablets, digital cameras) must be turned off before entering the seating area. Cameras with detachable lens are not allowed into the building.
- Visit the DPAC Parking Guide