May 11 , 2014
Mother’s Night Out with Soulful R&B Superstar
R&B vocalist Jaheim is coming to DPAC Sunday, May 11, 2014. Celebrate Mother’s Day with soulful superstar Jaheim live in concert.
With his smooth, sonorous tone, Jaheim is the forerunner and torch-carrier of today's soul-originated R&B. A vocalist in the tradition of such greats as Teddy Pendergrass and Luther Vandross, he signed with former Naughty By Nature beat man Kay Gee's Devine Mill record label in 2000. Jaheim released three albums over five years: his 2001 debut, Ghetto Love ; 2002's sophomore set, Still Ghetto – both of which reached RIAA platinum status; and 2006's Ghetto Classics. During that time, he also scored nominations for the BET and Soul Train Music Awards.
In 2007, the chart-topping artist returned with his Atlantic Records debut, The Makings of a Man, followed by Another Round in 2010. He was nominated for three Grammy awards in 2011. Jaheim’s most recent album Appreciation Day was recently named in iTunes’ “Best of 2013” and features top 10 single "Age Ain't A Factor".
- All guests require a ticket, regardless of age. Children under the age of 5 are not allowed at most DPAC performances including Broadway, Concerts and Comedy shows. Children must be able to sit quietly in their own seat without disturbing other guests.
- Durham Performing Arts Center is located in Durham, North Carolina. Sales to this event will be restricted to residents of North Carolina and areas of Southern Virginia bounded by I-81 on the West, I-64 on the North and I-85 on the East. Residency will be based on credit card billing address. Orders by residents outside North Carolina and Virginia will be canceled without notice and refunds given. If you live outside of the approved sales area or are using a credit card with a billing address outside of the approved sales area, you can still purchase tickets by calling the DPAC Ticket Center at 919.680.2787.
- Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 7:00 PM
- May 11 , 2014
- DPAC Seating Chart
Find tickets at 919.680.2787, Ticketmaster, or the DPAC Ticket Center.
- Photography and Video Recording is prohibited. All electronic devices (cell phones, smart phones, tablets, digital cameras) must be turned off before entering the seating area. Cameras with detachable lens are not allowed into the building.
- Visit the DPAC Parking Guide