Keith Sweat with special guest 112
I Love The 90's Tour
Jun 6 , 2014
7:00pm - Lobby Doors Open
7:30pm - Seating Areas Open
8:00pm - 112
8:40pm - Intermission
9:00pm - Keith Sweat
All times are approximate and subject to change.
Radio One-Raleigh and Diamond Life Concerts, Inc. has announced its “WERONE” Concert Series will bring Keith Sweat in concert to DPAC on Friday, June 6th. 90’s R&B group 112 will open the “I Love the 90’s” Concert at 8 p.m.
Born in Harlem, New York, Keith Sweat originally worked for the commodities market at the New York Stock Exchange before he was discovered singing at a nightclub in 1987. In November of the same year, he released his debut album, Make It Last Forever, which sold four million copies. On the R&B charts, "I Want Her" hit #1 and the title track hit #2. His next album, I'll Give All My Love To You, hit #3 on the Billboard 200 chart, and Keep It Comin’ debuted in the Top 20 on the album charts. Sweat released his fourth album Get Up On It in the summer of 1994 and followed with Keith Sweat in 1996, his self-titled fifth album which hit #5 on the Billboard 200. The single "Twisted" hit #2 on the Billboard Hot 100, and "Nobody" hit #3. In 2008, Sweat released Just Me, and in 2010, he released Ridin’ Solo. His most recent album, 'Til the Morning, was released in November 2011.
Equally rooted in gospel, soul, and hip-hop, 112 were the first and most successful urban vocal group to emerge from Sean "Puffy" Combs' Bad Boy Records roster. Not only was the group's eponymous 1996 debut popular, but the group could be heard on records by such Bad Boy artists as Mase and the Notorious B.I.G. Unlike most artists on Bad Boy, 112's image was clean, pure, and wholesome, which helped the group cross over to a more mainstream audience.
- All guests require a ticket, regardless of age. Children under the age of 6 are not allowed at most DPAC performances, including Broadway, Concerts and Comedy Shows. Children must be able to sit quietly in their own seat without disturbing other guests
- Durham Performing Arts Center is located in Durham, North Carolina. Sales to this event will be restricted to residents of North Carolina and areas of Southern Virginia bounded by I-81 on the West, I-64 on the North and I-85 on the East. Residency will be based on credit card billing address. Orders by residents outside North Carolina and Virginia will be canceled without notice and refunds given. If you live outside of the approved sales area or are using a credit card with a billing address outside of the approved sales area, you can still purchase tickets by calling the DPAC Ticket Center at 919.680.2787.
- Friday, June 6, 2014 - 8:00 PM
- Jun 6 , 2014
- DPAC Seating Chart
Starting this Saturday at 10 a.m., Find tickets at 919.680.2787, Ticketmaster, or the DPAC Ticket Center.
- Photography and Video Recording is prohibited. All electronic devices (cell phones, smart phones, tablets, digital cameras) must be turned off before entering the seating area. Cameras with detachable lens are not allowed into the building.
- Visit the DPAC Parking Guide