Lyle Lovett and His Large Band
Aug 27 , 2014
6:30pm - Lobby Doors Open
7:00pm - Seating Areas Open
7:30pm - Lyle Lovett & His Large Band
All times are approximate and subject to change.
Back By Popular Demand
First Triangle Appearance with Large Band in 4 Years
Since his self-titled debut in 1986, Lyle Lovett has evolved into one of music’s most vibrant and iconic performers. His oeuvre, rich and eclectic, is one of the most beloved of any living artist working today. On August 27 DPAC welcomes him back to mark his third performance.
A singer, composer and actor, Lyle Lovett has broadened the definition of American music in a career that spans 14 albums. Coupled with his gift for storytelling, the Texas-based musician fuses elements of country, swing, jazz, folk, gospel and blues in a convention-defying manner that breaks down barriers. Among his many accolades, besides four Grammy® Awards, he was given the Americana Music Association’s inaugural Trailblazer Award, and was recently named the Texas State Musician.
Lovett’s most recent album Release Me was released in February, 2012. The album was #1 for several weeks on the Americana charts. Produced by Nathaniel Kunkel and Lovett, Release Me represents the end of an era as it was his last record for Curb/Universal Music Group, having been on the label for his entire career. Release Me is quintessential Lyle, mixing a smart collection of originals and songs written by some of his favorite songwriters that show not only the breadth of this Texas legend’s deep talents, but also the diversity of his influences, making him one of the most infectious and fascinating musicians in popular music.
- All guests require a ticket, regardless of age. Children under the age of 6 are not allowed at most DPAC performances, including Broadway, Concerts and Comedy Shows. Children must be able to sit quietly in their own seat without disturbing other guests
- Durham Performing Arts Center is located in Durham, North Carolina. Sales to this event will be restricted to residents of North Carolina and areas of Southern Virginia bounded by I-81 on the West, I-64 on the North and I-85 on the East. Residency will be based on credit card billing address. Orders by residents outside North Carolina and Virginia will be canceled without notice and refunds given. If you live outside of the approved sales area or are using a credit card with a billing address outside of the approved sales area, you can still purchase tickets by calling the DPAC Ticket Center at 919.680.2787.
- Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 7:30 PM
- Aug 27 , 2014
- DPAC Seating Chart
Find Tickets at 919.680.2787, Ticketmaster, or the DPAC Ticket Center.
- Photography and Video Recording is prohibited. All electronic devices (cell phones, smart phones, tablets, digital cameras) must be turned off before entering the seating area. Cameras with detachable lens are not allowed into the building.
- Visit the DPAC Parking Guide