This Christmas, An Evening of Holiday & Hits
Dec 1 , 2013
6:00pm - Lobby Doors Open
6:30pm - Seating Areas Open
7:00pm - Michael McDonald
Show length is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes. All times are subject to change.
Favorite Hits & Classic Holiday Tunes
Two notes. That’s all it takes to recognize the voice of Michael McDonald. Distinctive and soulful, it is one of the most yearningly emotive instruments of our times. To this add formidable songwriting and keyboard skills, and you have an artist who has been a singular musical presence for four decades. From ‘70s-era Doobie Brothers classics such as “What A Fool Believes” and solo hits like “I Keep Forgettin’” through two highly-acclaimed Motown covers albums and recent genre-busting guest spots with alternative buzz bands Grizzly Bear and Holy Ghost, the five-time Grammy®-winning McDonald is that rare thing in contemporary pop – an artist whose work is both timeless and ever-evolving.
Continuing to explore new vistas, in 2003 and 2004, McDonald released his Grammy®-nominated, platinum-selling pair of Motown albums. Then in 2005, he partnered with Hallmark for a special Christmas album, Through The Many Winters, which sold 500,000 copies in its first two weeks.
On the heels of 2008’s acclaimed crossover album Soul Speak (which hit three different charts simultaneously) and multiple appearances on PBS’s Soundstage, McDonald continues to tour the world, from Europe to Asia to Australia, while moonlighting alongside cohorts Donald Fagen and Boz Scaggs with The Dukes Of September, an 11-piece soul supergroup.
With a career that encompasses five Grammy® Awards, numerous chart successes, personal and professional accolades, as well as collaborations with some of the world’s most prominent artists, Michael McDonald remains an enduring force in popular music.
- Kids at DPAC: All guests require a ticket, regardless of age. Children under the age of 5 are not allowed at most DPAC performances including Broadway, Concerts and Comedy shows. Children must be able to sit quietly in their own seat without disturbing other guests.
- To better serve DPAC Concert, Comedy, and Broadway Fans in our primary market area, online sales to this event will be restricted to residents of North Carolina. Online orders by residents outside of this approved sales area will be canceled without notice and refunds given. If you live outside of the approved sales area or are using a credit card with a billing address outside of the approved sales area, you can still purchase tickets by calling the DPAC Ticket Center at 919.680.2787.
- Sunday, December 1, 2013 - 7:00 PM
- Dec 1 , 2013
- DPAC Seating Chart
Buy at 919.680.2787, Ticketmaster, or the DPAC Ticket Center.
- Photography and Video Recording is prohibited. All electronic devices (cell phones, smart phones, tablets, digital cameras) must be turned off before entering the seating area. Cameras with detachable lens are not allowed into the building.
- Visit the DPAC Parking Guide