The Moody Blues
Timeless Flight - The Voyage Continues Tour
Mar 18 , 2014
6:30pm - Lobby Doors Open
7:00pm - Seating Areas Open
7:30pm - Set 1
8:30pm - Intermission
8:50pm - Set 2
All times are approximate and subject to change.
World-Famous Rockers Return
“Sistine Chapel of Popular Music” – Rolling Stone
After two previous soldout concerts at DPAC, The Moody Blues return for one night only March 18 as part of their Timeless Flight-The Voyage Continues Tour.
The band just recently celebrated the 45th Anniversary of their monumental 1967 album, “Days of Future Passed,” which features “Nights in White Satin,” one of the first four minute songs played on the radio, becoming one of the biggest selling singles in history, and hitting #1 three separate times on Billboard. The releases include The Moody Blues’ legendary hits and fan favorites from their 14 studio albums that have spanned more than 35 years of groundbreaking music: DAYS OF FUTURE PASSED (1967), IN SEARCH OF THE LOST CHORD (1968), ON THE THRESHOLD OF A DREAM (1969), TO OUR CHILDREN’S CHILDREN’S CHILDREN (1969), A QUESTION OF BALANCE (1970), EVERY GOOD BOY DESERVES FAVOUR (1971), SEVENTH SOJOURN (1972), OCTAVE (1978), LONG DISTANCE VOYAGER (1981), THE PRESENT (1983), THE OTHER SIDE OF LIFE (1986), SUR LA MER (1988), KEYS OF THE KINGDOM (1991), STRANGE TIMES (1999) and DECEMBER (2003).
Since they first hit the rock scene The Moody Blues have continued to produce music that bridges the gap between rock, classical and pop-rock genres without ever wavering in their integrity and commitment. Featuring the altruistic inflections of guitarist/vocalist Justin Hayward, bassist/vocalist John Lodge and drummer Graeme Edge, The Moody Blues’ sound has held its ground with exquisite harmonies over and over again, in a genre of music that is ever-changing.
The Moody Blues have sold in excess of 70 million albums worldwide and have been awarded an astonishing 14 platinum and gold discs. Their incredible roster of hits include: “Nights In White Satin,” “Tuesday Afternoon,” “Ride My See Saw,” “The Story In Your Eyes,” “Isn’t Life Strange,” “Question,” “I’m Just A Singer (In A Rock And Roll Band),” “Your Wildest Dreams,” and “I Know You’re Out There Somewhere,” to name a few.
- Kids at DPAC: All guests require a ticket, regardless of age. Children under the age of 5 are not allowed at most DPAC performances including Broadway, Concerts and Comedy shows. Children must be able to sit quietly in their own seat without disturbing other guests.
- Durham Performing Arts Center is located in Durham, North Carolina. Sales to this event will be restricted to residents of North Carolina and areas of Southern Virginia bounded by I-81 on the West, I-64 on the North and I-85 on the East. Residency will be based on credit card billing address. Orders by residents outside North Carolina and Virginia will be canceled without notice and refunds given. If you live outside of the approved sales area or are using a credit card with a billing address outside of the approved sales area, you can still purchase tickets by calling the DPAC Ticket Center at 919.680.2787.
- Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 7:30 PM
- Mar 18 , 2014
- DPAC Seating Chart
Find Tickets at 919.680.2787, Ticketmaster, or the DPAC Ticket Center.
- Photography and Video Recording is prohibited. All electronic devices (cell phones, smart phones, tablets, digital cameras) must be turned off before entering the seating area. Cameras with detachable lens are not allowed into the building.
- Visit the DPAC Parking Guide