The Piano Guys
Nov 5 , 2013
6:30pm - Lobby Doors Open
7:00pm - Seating Areas Open
7:30pm - The Piano Guys
Show length is approximately 2 hours. All times are subject to change.
Internet Phenomenon, Blending Classical & Pop
Selling Out Theaters Everywhere!
Hailing from Utah, The Piano Guys became an Internet sensation by way of their immensely successful series of striking self-made music videos; their YouTube channel boasts 1.6 million subscribers. But it’s their highly original blend of classical music with pop that brought them to their major label debut album, The Piano Guys, released on Sony Masterworks in 2012. The album topped Billboard's New Age and Classical charts. The album features the imaginative mash-up arrangements that The Piano Guys are already famous for, including sources ranging from Michael Jackson to Mozart, The Bourne Identity to David Guetta. It also includes an original song and innovative takes on hits by One Direction, Adele and Christina Perri. The Piano Guys 2 is set for release on Sony Masterworks May 7, 2013.
But just who are The Piano Guys? Actually, there’s only one piano player, Jon Schmidt, and one other instrumentalist, Steven Sharp Nelson, on cello, and they have played together for twenty years. Yet the other three - Paul Anderson, Tel Stewart and Al van der Beek - are equally significant members of the group. The inventive cinematography of Stewart and Anderson teams with van der Beek’s studio prowess. The Piano Guys have connected quietly but emotionally with a massive audience.
The spectacular Piano Guys videos, which have so far netted over 222 million YouTube views (and 500,000 new views a day), are essentially divined by Stewart and Anderson. And sure enough, The Piano Guys have over 530,000 Facebook fans who have shared videos like "Michael Meets Mozart." "Michael Meets Mozart" is on The Piano Guys debut CD, as is "Cello Wars," the ambitious video which resulted from a six-month production required to realize its Star Wars-inspired light saber/cello bow concept, since rewarded by over 12 million YouTube views.
- Kids at DPAC: All guests require a ticket, regardless of age. Children under the age of 5 are not allowed at most DPAC performances including Broadway, Concerts and Comedy shows. Children must be able to sit quietly in their own seat without disturbing other guests.
- To better serve DPAC Concert, Comedy, and Broadway Fans in our primary market area, online sales to this event will be restricted to residents of North Carolina. Online orders by residents outside of this approved sales area will be canceled without notice and refunds given. If you live outside of the approved sales area or are using a credit card with a billing address outside of the approved sales area, you can still purchase tickets by calling the DPAC Ticket Center at 919.680.2787.
- Tuesday, November 5, 2013 - 7:30 PM
- Nov 5 , 2013
- DPAC Seating Chart
- Photography and Video Recording is prohibited. All electronic devices (cell phones, smart phones, tablets, digital cameras) must be turned off before entering the seating area. Cameras with detachable lens are not allowed into the building.
- Visit the DPAC Parking Guide