With Special Guests Anna Lunoe and Banks
Oct 2 , 2013
7:00pm - Anna Lunoe
7:30pm - Banks
8:00pm - Intermission
8:30pm - The Weeknd
All set times are approximate and subject to change.
DPAC and LIVE NATION present the platinum-selling Canadian artist, producer, and visionary THE WEEKND, set to hit the DPAC stage October 2, 2013 as part of "The Fall" headline tour and on the heels of his sophomore album Kiss Land.
On stage, Alt-R&B's futuristic provocateur seamlessly merges his chaotically sexy music with haunting and hypnotic visuals, making for an immersive live experience that spares none of the senses. His impressive falsetto carries with the same tortured bliss on stage, creating a must-see evening for fans and newcomers alike.
Support on the tour comes from Australian electronic dance music seductress Anna Lunoe and LA-based singer/ songwriter Banks, creating a diverse and dynamic evening hand-picked by the headliner.
“THE FALL” tour comes on the heels of the soon to be announced released sophomore album, Kiss Land [XO/REPUBLIC RECORDS], which is due out at the end of the summer. Easily One of the most anxiously awaited albums of 2013, the self-titled teaser track is availlable now on ITunes. The song, “Kiss Land”, is another sonic seduction under a blanket of synth gyrations and piercing falsetto, and is available now on iTunes.
With 30 songs on his platinum-certified landmark debut Trilogy, he captivated both listeners and critics. Upon release, the collection landed at #4 on the Billboard Top 200. Digitally, it reached #2 on the iTunes Overall Albums Chart, while holding strong on the R&B chart.
Major gatekeepers continue to extol THE WEEKND. The New York Times called him "other worldly", The Source named him "Songbird of his generation, while The Guardian dubbed him a "blatantly provocative and daring new artist". Spin put it best in two simple words, “Totally amazing".
- All guests require a ticket, regardless of age. No one under the age of 5 admitted into the theater, and children must be able to sit quietly in their own seat without disturbing other guests.
- To better serve DPAC Concert, Comedy, and Broadway Fans in our primary market area, online sales to this event will be restricted to residents of North Carolina. Online orders by residents outside of this approved sales area will be canceled without notice and refunds given. If you live outside of the approved sales area or are using a credit card with a billing address outside of the approved sales area, you can still purchase tickets by calling the DPAC Ticket Center at 919.680.2787.
- Wednesday, October 2, 2013 - 7:00 PM
- Oct 2 , 2013
- DPAC Seating Chart
Buy at 919.680.2787, Ticketmaster, or the DPAC Ticket Center
- Photography and Video Recording is prohibited. All electronic devices (cell phones, smart phones, tablets, digital cameras) must be turned off before entering the seating area. Cameras with detachable lens are not allowed into the building.
- Visit the DPAC Parking Guide