Oct 2 - 7 , 2012
A remarkable tale of courage, loyalty and friendship.
England, 1914. As World War One begins, Joey, young Albert’s beloved horse, is sold to the cavalry and shipped from England to France. He’s soon caught up in enemy fire, and fate takes him on an extraordinary journey, serving on both sides before finding himself alone in no man’s land. But Albert cannot forget Joey and, still not old enough to enlist, he embarks on a treacherous mission to find him and bring him home.
This powerfully moving and imaginative drama, filled with stirring music and songs, is a show of phenomenal inventiveness that is currently playing to packed houses in London and New York. At its heart are astonishing life-sized puppets created by South Africa’s Handspring Puppet Company, that bring to life breathing, galloping, charging horses strong enough for men to ride. warhorseonstage.com
Listen for a sneak peek:
Act 1 - 1 hour, 5 minutes
Intermission - 20 minutes
Act 2 - 1 hour, 5 minutes
(Approximate full runtime of 2 hours, 30 minutes.)
- Content Advisory: Includes violent scenes that depict warfare. Not recommended for children under 10. Parental discretion advised.
- Everyone must have a ticket regardless of age. No one under the age of 5 admitted into the theater.
- Tuesday, October 2, 2012 - 8:30 PM
- Wednesday, October 3, 2012 - 7:30 PM
- Thursday, October 4, 2012 - 7:30 PM
- Friday, October 5, 2012 - 8:00 PM
- Saturday, October 6, 2012 - 2:00 PM
- Saturday, October 6, 2012 - 8:00 PM
- Sunday, October 7, 2012 - 1:00 PM
- Sunday, October 7, 2012 - 6:30 PM