Guests with Disabilities
The Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC) is dedicated to world-class hospitality and we take care that our events, services and facilities are accessible to all guests.
DPAC is located in the American Tobacco Historic District in Downtown Durham. This downtown setting offers many parking options and as is common in an urban setting, parking lots and decks are dispersed throughout the downtown area. All parking areas include accessible parking and most are just minutes (1 to 3 blocks) from the front doors of DPAC. Guests are always welcome to drop-off and pick-up guests directly at the front doors of DPAC at 123 Vivian Street. For guests desiring to park as close as possible to DPAC, we recommend these options:
- 123 Vivian Street, Durham, NC 27701
- 16 on-street parallel parking spaces, all reserved on event days for accessible parking.
- No charge, first come, first served. Please note that these spaces often fill 90 or more minutes before show time.
- Directly in front of DPAC.
- Requires a state-issued permit (identified via placard or license plate).
- Please note: These parallel spaces are located on the right hand side of the street and for vans with right side chairs lifts, this will require pulling in towards traffic.
- 300 Blackwell Street, Durham, NC 27701
- 100 spaces including 6 accessible spaces
- Pre-purchase @ $10 per car is available by calling 919.680.2787
- Located directly across Vivian Street from DPAC, 150 feet from entry doors to DPAC.
- Please note: This parking area often sells out in advance. Pre-purchase of tickets is highly recommended.
American Tobacco East Deck
- 250 South Mangum Street, Durham, NC 27701
- 624 spaces - including 13 accessible spaces
- $5 per car (Cash and Credit Cards accepted)
- Pre-purchase available at 919.680.2787
- Located south of DPAC, 1/10 mile
Please note: This parking deck has just one elevator and guests might experience some delays after an event.
DPAC offers wheelchair accessible seating throughout all seating levels allowing for a choice in view and ticket prices. In addition there are also seating options for guests with visual, hearing and mobility impairments. Bariatric seating and seating for persons of size are also available.
To purchase tickets or for related ticket questions please contact our Box Office at (919) 680-2787 or email us at email@example.com.
DPAC has three seating levels and all are accessible by elevator. Our facilities also feature ADA-approved signage, handrails and automatic door openers on exterior doors.
Patrons with limited mobility may be dropped off along Vivian Street directly in front of DPAC.
Assistive Listening Devices are available for all performances. There is no charge for the device which can be picked up before show time at the Guest Services Window on the ground floor lobby.
For more information please click here.
Wheelchair-accessible restrooms are located on all levels of DPAC. A companion restroom is also available and located on the ground floor lobby.
Snacks and Beverages
Lobby snack and beverage bars have been designed with all guests in mind. Countertops are at a height that is comfortable for everyone. Braille menus are also available.
Sign Language Performances
DPAC can provide sign language interpretation for guests with hearing disabilities. For concerts and comedy shows we ask that requests for this service be made 30 days prior to the event. For SunTrust Broadway performances, there will be one sign interpreted performance on the first Sunday during the engagement at 1pm. Please contact us for more information on events that offer sign language interpretation.
Audio Described Performances
Audio Description services are provided on request. Please contact us for more information and performance options. For SunTrust Broadway performances, there will be one audio described performance on the first Sunday during the engagement at 1pm.
Service animals are welcome inside DPAC the building and must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times. If you intend to bring a service animal to an event, please notify your ticket representative at the time of purchase so that an aisle seat may be reserved for you.
We’re Here to Help
If there is anything we have forgotten or anything we can do to make your visit more convenient or comfortable please just contact us via email or call the DPAC Ticket Center at 919.680.2787.
Arts Center Info
123 Vivian Street
Durham, NC 27701