Stars Volunteer Program
Become a Volunteer at DPAC
DPAC invites you to become a member of the DPAC Stars, part of Discover Durham (formerly Durham Convention and Visitors Bureau) Wayfinder volunteer program.
As a volunteer at DPAC, you have the privilege of being our guests’ first impression of DPAC and, for many, their first impression of the City of Durham.
DPAC has hosted over 1,000 performances and had over four million guests through our doors. It’s undeniable that DPAC would not be where it is today without the contributions of the members of this important volunteer program. DPAC is famous for our customer service, and we invite you to serve as an ambassador for Durham in welcoming the 400,000 guests that will visit DPAC this season.
The Volunteer’s Role
Volunteers play many important roles at DPAC including:
- Provide information and directions to guests as they arrive at the three main parking areas used for DPAC events.
- Greet and assist guests at the entrances to DPAC’s lobbies.
- Pass out programs and information on upcoming events.
- Convenient online scheduling of shifts
- Camaraderie with others in sharing time and service to the community
- Option to stay and watch the show after completion of volunteer shift
DPAC Stars are such an important part of our legendary “DPAC Experience”. We hope you will consider this chance to serve the greater Durham community and the world-class events that are coming to DPAC. After completing the online enlistment form, all volunteers attend a mandatory training and orientation session provided by DPAC and Discover Durham.
Each unforgettable DPAC experience will begin and end with the personal interactions with the DPAC Stars. We thank you for your interest in joining this essential volunteer team. Contact Brooke Jones at [email protected] if you would like to receive more information about the DPAC Stars and the opportunity to volunteer and serve DPAC and the Durham Community.