American Ballet Theatre Giselle
The Greatest Ballet Company in the World
|Duke University is postponing their presentation of American Ballet Theatre's Giselle. We plan to reschedule this very special engagement to a future date to be determined and will announce once these dates are confirmed.|
American Ballet Theatre (ABT) was founded in the fall of 1939 with dual aims of developing a repertoire of the best ballets from the past and supporting the creation of new works by gifted young choreographers. 80 years later, ABT is one of the world’s preeminent classical ballet companies, a world-touring ambassador for the art form, a committed choreographic commissioner, and an energetic leader in ballet education and outreach. All of these qualities animate Duke’s historic three-year institutional collaboration with ABT; the partnership’s centerpiece is a run of performances by ABT’s Main Company at DPAC of the romantic masterwork Giselle, an engrossing tale of unrequited love that fuses music, movement, and drama. This unmissable engagement also marks a watershed moment in statewide arts presenting: this is the first visit to North Carolina by ABT in 50 years.
There will be an open captioned performance on Thursday, June 4 at 7:30pm.
There will be an audio described performance on Saturday, June 6 at 8pm.
Performances with sign language are available upon request by e-mailing [email protected] or by calling 919-680-2787 at least ten business days in advance of the scheduled performance.
For other services and accomodations, visit our Accessibility Page here.
Please note that all guests require a ticket, regardless of age. Children under the age of 6 are not allowed at this performance. Children must be able to sit quietly in their own seat without disturbing other guests. As a further courtesy to our guests, DPAC recommends one parent or chaperone for every one child in attendance.
DPAC offers a diverse selection of entertainment. Not all productions will appeal to or be appropriate for every guest or for all ages. Ticket buyers should take responsibility for making informed decisions regarding their purchases. We recommend visiting the official website of each show or for many current Broadway shows, websites like Broadway.com are a good resource to learn more about the show you are coming to see at DPAC. If you ever have questions about the content or appropriateness of a show, please contact us at [email protected].
Lobby doors open 60 minutes prior to the start of the event and doors to the seating area open 30 minutes prior.
*Please note all times are approximate and subject to change without notice.
All performances scheduled at DPAC normally take place as planned. For more information on our inclement weather policy, please visit INCLEMENT WEATHER FAQ.
Photography / Video Recording
- At DPAC, each event that we host determines their own policy on photography and video recording using mobile phones. We enforce these policies at their direction.
- This event has not yet communicated to DPAC, their specific policy regarding photography and video recording using mobile phones.
- DPAC will make every effort to communicate this policy to guests in an email before the event.
- Once you arrive at DPAC, you can also ask a staff member, look for specific signage near the doors to the seating area, or listen for pre-show announcements.
- GoPro’s, tablets, and cameras of any kind are prohibited at all DPAC events.
Safety First - Bag Check
For your safety, all guests and their bags are subject to inspection before entry. This inspection may include the use of metal detectors. Restricted items include, but are not limited to, Alcohol, Cameras, Glass Bottles, and Weapons of any kind. In addition, we will also now restrict backpacks and any oversized bags larger than 12 inches x 12 inches x 10 inches (about the size of a standard milk crate). Safety first is our goal. Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback at [email protected].
- Most tickets buyers purchase right from our website using the Buy Tickets button on this page.
- In addition to purchasing online, DPAC offers several other ways to purchase the seats you want to the best Broadway, concerts, comedy, family shows and special events in North Carolina.
- Our computerized ticket system enables you equal access to great DPAC seats whether you buy online, by phone, or in person at DPAC.
- For more details, visit our Purchase Seats page for complete information on purchasing great seats for all events at DPAC.