An Evening of Conversation with Julie Andrews
- Mon, June 22 7:30 PM Buy Tickets
An Unforgettable Evening with Film and Stage Superstar
A true legend in every sense of the word, Julie Andrews has entertained millions for more than half a century. Ms. Andrews shares her extraordinary experiences from her early days of vaudeville in England to the popular projects and work she continues to create today. Opening with a beautiful video montage of her work, ‘An Evening of Conversation with Julie Andrews’ is a unique and unforgettable visit with one of the world’s most beloved icons.
From the nanny we’d always wished for in Mary Poppins to mountain-top twirling nun-no-more Maria in The Sound of Music to a fabulous cross-dressing club crooner in Victor/Victoria, Julie Andrews has towered upon the big screen. On Broadway, she won hearts with her iconic portrayals in My Fair Lady and Camelot. What stories she has to share! And share them she will during this special evening! Julie will also be discussing her recent NY Times best selling memoir, “Home Work: A Memoir of My Hollywood Years”; available now at Amazon.com and all local major retailers.
Joining Ms. Andrews is her daughter and co-author, Emma Walton Hamilton, who will facilitate questions from the audience.
*VIP Ticket purchasers will receive a copy of “Home Work: A Memoir of My Hollywood Years”. Co Written with her daughter, Emma Walton Hamilton, and told with Andrews’s trademark charm and candor, Home Work takes us on a rare and intimate journey into an extraordinary life that is funny, heartrending, and inspiring.
**Julie Andrews will not be singing in this performance. Program will run approx. 120 minutes with a 15 minute intermission.
Performances with open captioning are available upon request by e-mailing [email protected] or by calling 919-680-2787 at least ten business days in advance of the scheduled performance.
Performances with audio description are available upon request by e-mailing [email protected] or by calling 919-680-2787 at least ten business days in advance of the scheduled performance.
Performances with sign language are available upon request by e-mailing [email protected] or by calling 919-680-2787 at least ten business days in advance of the scheduled performance.
For other services and accomodations, visit our Accessibility Page here.
Please note that all guests require a ticket, regardless of age. Children under the age of 6 are not allowed at this performance. Children must be able to sit quietly in their own seat without disturbing other guests.
DPAC offers a diverse selection of entertainment. Not all productions will appeal to or be appropriate for every guest or for all ages. Ticket buyers should take responsibility for making informed decisions regarding their purchases. We recommend visiting the official website of each show to learn more about the show you are coming to see at DPAC. If you ever have questions about the content or appropriateness of a show, please contact us at [email protected].
Our lobby doors open 60 minutes prior to show time.
6:30pm- Lobby Doors & Seating Area Opens
7:30pm- Event Begins
* Please note all times are approximate and subject to change without notice.
All performances scheduled at DPAC normally take place as planned. For more information on our inclement weather policy, please visit INCLEMENT WEATHER FAQ.
Photography / Video Recording
- At DPAC, each event that we host determines their own policy on photography and video recording using mobile phones. We enforce these policies at their direction.
- This event has not yet communicated to DPAC, their specific policy regarding photography and video recording using mobile phones.
- DPAC will make every effort to communicate this policy to guests in an email before the event.
- Once you arrive at DPAC, you can also ask a staff member, look for specific signage near the doors to the seating area, or listen for pre-show announcements.
- GoPro’s, tablets, and cameras of any kind are prohibited at all DPAC events.
Safety First - Bag Check
For your safety, all guests and their bags are subject to inspection before entry. This inspection may include the use of metal detectors. Restricted items include, but are not limited to, Alcohol, Cameras, Glass Bottles, and Weapons of any kind. In addition, we will also now restrict backpacks and any oversized bags larger than 12 inches x 12 inches x 10 inches (about the size of a standard milk crate). Safety first is our goal. Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback at [email protected]om.
- Most tickets buyers purchase right from our website using the Buy Tickets button on this page.
- In addition to purchasing online, DPAC offers several other ways to purchase the seats you want to the best Broadway, concerts, comedy, family shows and special events in North Carolina.
- Our computerized ticket system enables you equal access to great DPAC seats whether you buy online, by phone, or in person at DPAC.
- For more details, visit our Purchase Seats page for complete information on purchasing great seats for all events at DPAC.
Currently, this event has not approved using our video screens. Please feel free to check back closer to the event for updates. If approved, we will post notice here.
For many concert, comedy, and special events at DPAC, we offer added views of the stage with two big screens (size: 16’ x 9’) hung to the sides of the stage or above the stage. These big screens can add to the visual experience of our concert, comedy, and special events and give guests seated farther from the stage what we like to call “a tenth row view”. Approval to use these screens always rests with the visiting show and about half of all concert and comedy events do use these screens.
Guests purchasing these seats receive a copy of Julie’s latest book HOME WORK.