- Sat, Feb 19 8:00 PM Buy Tickets
"An Unexpected Blend of Classically Trained Musicianship and Hip-Hop Beats" - Miami Herald
Black Violin, the Grammy nominated duo, will make their DPAC premiere on February 19, 2022.
Black Violin takes the stage this fall on the “Impossible Tour” bringing their Grammy nominated album Take the Stairs to audiences across the country. Fans can expect to hear top hits Impossible is Possible and Showoff, from the album that Billboard claims, “continues to celebrate Black Violin’s genre-less approach to music.”
Black Violin has spent the last year finding creative ways to share their music with fans. The group aimed to uplift spirits and connect with fans from affair during a time of uncertainty. Black Violin also wanted to continue their musical education outreach and did this by hosting a free Masterclass Series on their YouTube channel for beginners, pros, and everyone in between.The series consisted of interactive livestream workshops that challenged viewers to think outside of the box and instilled confidence in young musicians. The Masterclass “students” were encouraged to watch along with their instruments and participate when prompted. They were also able to interact directly with the artists through a live Q&A at the end of the each class.
Black Violin also continues to inspire youth through their nonprofit organization The Black Violin Foundation. The organization is dedicated empowering youth by working with them in their communities to provide access to quality music programs that encourage creativity. The foundation was featured on CBS This Morning in early 2021. Each year the foundation’s inaugural program provides scholarships and grants to youth who would like to continue their musical education through a program of their liking that fosters musical creativity and innovation.
Black Violin is excited to get back on the road and welcomes new and old fans to join them for an evening full of uplifting and inspiring, genre-bending music.
Performances with open captioning are available upon request by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling 919-680-2787 at least ten business days in advance of the scheduled performance.
Performances with audio description are available upon request by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 919-680-2787 at least ten business days in advance of the scheduled performance.
Performances with sign language are available upon request by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling 919-680-2787 at least ten business days in advance of the scheduled performance.
For other services and accomodations, visit our Accessibility Page here.
Please note that all guests require a ticket, regardless of age. Children under the age of 6 are not allowed at this performance. Children must be able to sit quietly in their own seat without disturbing other guests.
NEW - Cashless Payments for Snacks and Beverages at DPAC
- Cash is no longer accepted for snack or beverage purchases at DPAC’s lobby bars or snack and beverage stands.
- Snack and beverage purchases now require payment using credit or debit cards, Apple Pay or Google Pay or a DPAC gift card.
- If you happen to arrive at DPAC with cash only, guests may purchase a DPAC gift card in $20 increments at our Entry Lobby Guest Services window. These gift cards can then be used at any lobby bar or snack and beverage stand.
DPAC offers a diverse selection of entertainment. Not all productions will appeal to or be appropriate for every guest or for all ages. Ticket buyers should take responsibility for making informed decisions regarding their purchases. We recommend visiting the official website of each show to learn more about the show you are coming to see at DPAC. If you ever have questions about the content or appropriateness of a show, please contact us at GuestServices@dpacnc.com.
COVID-19 Vaccination & Test Requirements
For this event, guests 12 years-of-age and older are required to provide documentation of full COVID-19 vaccination status or as an alternative, documentation of a recent negative COVID-19 test.
- Guests should be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (at least two weeks after final dose) AND provide record of vaccination prior to entry for the event.
- Negative COVID-19 Test Result:
- Unvaccinated guests must have received a negative COVID-19 diagnostic test within 72-hours of the event date AND provide record of a negative result prior to entry for the event.
- Currently, there is not a vaccination requirement or test requirement for guests 11 years-of-age and younger.
Please visit Vaccination or Negative Test Requirements for more information.
Our lobby doors open 60 minutes prior to show time.
DPAC for All
DPAC has reserved select seating starting at $15 + taxes per ticket, exclusively for residents of Durham for most Broadway shows and select special events, including Black Violin.
DPAC for All tickets are available at the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina – Ticket Center at DPAC, located at 123 Vivian Street, Durham, NC 27701. Please ask for “DPAC for All Seating” to purchase these seats.
7:00 PM- Lobby Doors & Seating Area Opens
8:00 PM- Performance Begins
* Please note all times are approximate and subject to change without notice.
Face covers will be required for this event.
- The City of Durham and Durham County have reinstituted a requirement that face covers be worn indoors regardless of vaccination status.
- Face covers should be worn by guests as you approach the entry doors, in lobbies, restrooms and in the seating area.
- Exceptions apply when a guest is actively eating or drinking.
- More information on this government order may be found via this link: Durham City and County Officials Announce New Face Cover Requirements
- Help protect live shows with your responsible and respectful cooperation of this requirement.
All performances scheduled at DPAC normally take place as planned. For more information on our inclement weather policy, please visit INCLEMENT WEATHER FAQ.
Photography / Video Recording
- At DPAC, each event that we host determines their own policy on photography and video recording using mobile phones. We enforce these policies at their direction.
- This event has not yet communicated to DPAC, their specific policy regarding photography and video recording using mobile phones.
- DPAC will make every effort to communicate this policy to guests in an email before the event.
- Once you arrive at DPAC, you can also ask a staff member, look for specific signage near the doors to the seating area, or listen for pre-show announcements.
- GoPro’s, tablets, and cameras of any kind are prohibited at all DPAC events.
Safety First - Bag Check
For your safety, all guests and their bags are subject to inspection before entry. This inspection may include the use of metal detectors. Restricted items include, but are not limited to, Alcohol, Cameras, Glass Bottles, and Weapons of any kind. In addition, we will also now restrict backpacks and any oversized bags larger than 12 inches x 12 inches x 10 inches (about the size of a standard milk crate). Safety first is our goal. Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback at GuestServices@DPACnc.com.
- Most tickets buyers purchase right from our website using the Buy Tickets button on this page.
- In addition to purchasing online, DPAC offers several other ways to purchase the seats you want to the best Broadway, concerts, comedy, family shows and special events in North Carolina.
- Our computerized ticket system enables you equal access to great DPAC seats whether you buy online, by phone, or in person at DPAC.
- For more details, visit our Purchase Seats page for complete information on purchasing great seats for all events at DPAC.
- All tickets for DPAC events are fully digital and only accessible via your mobile device. A mobile ticket is the safest, most convenient, and flexible way to receive and manage your tickets while increasing protection against fraud. To learn more about mobile entry, please visit our Mobile Entry FAQ.
Currently, this event has not approved using our video screens. Please feel free to check back closer to the event for updates. If approved, we will post notice here.
For many concert, comedy, and special events at DPAC, we offer added views of the stage with two big screens (size: 16’ x 9’) hung to the sides of the stage or above the stage. These big screens can add to the visual experience of our concert, comedy, and special events and give guests seated farther from the stage what we like to call “a tenth row view”. Approval to use these screens always rests with the visiting show and about half of all concert and comedy events do use these screens.