The Hip Hop Nutcracker
with Special Guest MC Kurtis Blow
Timeless Music Supercharged Dance
“A truly one-of-a-kind experience filled with high-powered choreography and a very modern storyline.”–Elle Magazine
“The Hip Hop Nutcracker is fun for all with the aerial tricks and beautiful dancing enrapturing for kids and adults alike.”–MD Theatre Guide
“Showcasing an incredibly athletic, youthful cast and brimming with positive energy, The Hip Hop Nutcracker, adapted by Mike Fitelson, proved to be a nonstop, family-friendly party.” –Milwaukee Magazine
A unique and joyful holiday mash-up for the whole family, THE HIP HOP NUTCRACKER is a contemporary dance spectacle set to Tchaikovsky’s timeless music. Directed and choreographed by Jennifer Weber, the production is performed by a supercharged cast of a dozen all-star dancers, a DJ, a violinist, and MC Kurtis Blow, one of Hip Hop’s founding fathers.
Through this remixed and reimagined version of the classic, the dynamic performers of THE HIP HOP NUTCRACKER take audiences on a journey that celebrates love, community, and the magic of the holiday season.
Performances with open captioning are available upon request by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling 919-680-2787 at least ten business days in advance of the scheduled performance.
Performances with audio description are available upon request by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 919-680-2787 at least ten business days in advance of the scheduled performance.
Performances with sign language are available upon request by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling 919-680-2787 at least ten business days in advance of the scheduled performance.
For other services and accomodations, visit our Accessibility Page here.
Please note that all guests require a ticket, regardless of age. Children under the age of 6 are not allowed at this performance. Children must be able to sit quietly in their own seat without disturbing other guests.
NEW - Cashless Payments for Snacks and Beverages at DPAC
- Cash is no longer accepted for snack or beverage purchases at DPAC’s lobby bars or snack and beverage stands.
- Snack and beverage purchases now require payment using credit or debit cards, Apple Pay or Google Pay or a DPAC gift card.
- If you happen to arrive at DPAC with cash only, guests may purchase a DPAC gift card in $20 increments at our Entry Lobby Guest Services window. These gift cards can then be used at any lobby bar or snack and beverage stand.
DPAC offers a diverse selection of entertainment. Not all productions will appeal to or be appropriate for every guest or for all ages. Ticket buyers should take responsibility for making informed decisions regarding their purchases. We recommend visiting the official website of each show to learn more about the show you are coming to see at DPAC. If you ever have questions about the content or appropriateness of a show, please contact us at GuestServices@dpacnc.com.
Our lobby doors open 60 minutes prior to show time.
Friday Matinee Performance:
2:00 PM- Lobby Doors
3:00 PM- Performance Begins
Friday Evening Performance:
6:30 PM- Lobby Doors
7:30 PM- Performance Begins
* Please note all times are approximate and subject to change without notice.
Face Covers - Optional
Based on personal preference, face covers are welcome at this event, but not required.
All performances scheduled at DPAC normally take place as planned. For more information on our inclement weather policy, please visit INCLEMENT WEATHER FAQ.
Photography / Video Recording
- Photography and video recording using mobile phones is prohibited.
- Mobile phones must be turned off before the start of the event.
- GoPro’s, tablets, and cameras of any kind are prohibited at all DPAC events.
Safety First - Bag Check
- For your safety, all guests and their bags are subject to inspection before entry.
- This inspection may include the use of metal detectors.
- Restricted items include, but are not limited to: Alcohol, Cameras, Glass Bottles, and Weapons of any kind.
- In addition, no large bags are allowed including backpacks and large purses 12 or more inches deep.
- Small clutch purses are STRONGLY recommended.
- For family shows that allow very young children, diapers bags are allowed for guests with infants and toddlers (child must be present).
- Safety first is our goal. Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback at guestservices@DPACnc.com
- Most tickets buyers purchase right from our website using the Buy Tickets button on this page.
- In addition to purchasing online, DPAC offers several other ways to purchase the seats you want to the best Broadway, concerts, comedy, family shows and special events in North Carolina.
- Our computerized ticket system enables you equal access to great DPAC seats whether you buy online, by phone, or in person at DPAC.
- For more details, visit our Purchase Seats page for complete information on purchasing great seats for all events at DPAC.
- All tickets for DPAC events are fully digital and only accessible via your mobile device. A mobile ticket is the safest, most convenient, and flexible way to receive and manage your tickets while increasing protection against fraud. To learn more about mobile entry, please visit our Mobile Entry FAQ.
Vaccination / Negative Test Result – NOT REQUIRED
- Given the declining number of cases and the declining percentage of people who test positive here in our region, this show will no longer require verification of vaccination status or a negative test result as a condition of attending events.
- DPAC continues to encourage guests to consider public health guidance or advice from their medical providers on becoming fully vaccinated, receiving the booster vaccine (if eligible) or being regularly tested before coming to an event at DPAC.
Currently, this event has not approved using our video screens. Please feel free to check back closer to the event for updates. If approved, we will post notice here.
For many concert, comedy, and special events at DPAC, we offer added views of the stage with two big screens (size: 16’ x 9’) hung to the sides of the stage or above the stage. These big screens can add to the visual experience of our concert, comedy, and special events and give guests seated farther from the stage what we like to call “a tenth row view”. Approval to use these screens always rests with the visiting show and about half of all concert and comedy events do use these screens.