Sun, Nov 17
2nd Annual Bull City Food and Beer Experience announced for March 9
November 18, 2013 (Durham, NC) – DPAC, Durham Performing Arts Center partnering with Tyler’s Restaurant & Taproom and Sam’s Quik Shop to host 2nd Annual Bull City Food and Beer Experience!
What: Bull City Food & Beer Experience - Three local partners collaborate to create a true Bull City Experience with a national twist! DPAC, Sam’s Quik Shop together with Tyler’s Restaurant & Taproom founded the Inaugural Bull City Food & Beer Experience to stimulate and educate your palate and mind through pairing of local food showcasing 30 Durham restaurants and unbelievable beer from 30 premier craft / import breweries. In addition to the food & beer pairings, guests will be able to enjoy an onstage experience featuring 20 Cask-Condition beers from breweries across the country and a local craft brewers panels by the owners of 5 of the premier local craft breweries.
When: March 9, 2014, 4pm-8pm
Where: DPAC, Durham Performing Arts Center, 123 Vivian Street, Durham, NC 27701
Who: Fans of Food & Beer
Tickets: Tickets go on sale Friday November 22, 2013 @ 10AM.
• Online at DPACnc.com &/or bullcityexperience.com
• DPAC Ticket Center: 919.680.2787, 123 Vivian Street, Durham, NC
• Ticketmaster.com / Ticketmaster Charge by phone at 800.745.3000
Friends of DPAC members may place their orders on November 20. Joining Friends of DPAC is free, and you can register at www.DPACnc.com/fod.
Admission into the Bull City Food & Beer Experience includes:
• Souvenir Glass and Tasting Notebook
• Food sampling from 30 of Durham's finest restaurant's & Beer Tastings from 50 breweries.
• Keynote Speakers - Premier local craft brewers panel -names to be announced at a later date
• Live Music from Mipso will round out your sensory overload providing their bluegrass inspired music on stage.
• Imperial VIP Ticket Holders will enjoy all of the above plus Exclusive Event Poster, Exclusive T-shirt, 30 minute early event access, Private access to VIP tasting lounge, Specialty spirit, rare beer and wine tasting only available to Imperial ticket holders and VIP Imperial Laminate.
Limited Imperial VIP Tickets will be available.
This event is a fundraising event to benefit the ELLERBE CREEK WATERSHED ASSOCIATION.The mission of the Ellerbe Creek Watershed Association is to:
• Enable a living creek - a healthy stream in which an appropriately diverse group of native fish and invertebrate species thrive.
• Create a network of preserves and trails along which people can hike, bike, and walk from the Ellerbe Creek headwaters to Falls Lake.
• Build ties among Durham's diverse neighborhoods and communities using Ellerbe Creek as a link.
• Partner with the City and other groups that seek to move Durham to become a regional model for proactive urban stormwater management.
• Help adults, and especially kids, have the opportunity to enjoy and appreciate being outdoors in a learning and safe environment.
- For additional information including participating Restaurants & Breweries please visit – BULLCITYEXPERIENCE.COM
- ALL ticket holders must be 21+ years of age & must bring valid photo ID. Event reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime.
- Date, time, prices, and all participants are subject to change.
Since its opening in 2008, DPAC, Durham Performing Arts Center, has become the center for live entertainment in the Triangle. Recognized for its contemporary design, DPAC features 2,700 seats, intimate sightlines and state-of the art sound and video. Operated under the direction of Nederlander and Professional Facilities Management (PFM), DPAC has been listed three times as the #1 performing arts organization in the region by the Triangle Business Journal.
What’s up next? Soulful singer Amos Lee (November 18), followed by Blue Collar and Comedy comedian Ron White (November22). Please visit www.DPACnc.com for more information about these and all upcoming events.
About Sam’s Quik Shop
A historic landmark known for its expansive selection of craft beers, Sam’s Quik Shop is the store of choice for beer enthusiasts. Offering more than 1400 different craft beers locally brewed and from all over the world, this eclectic bottle shop boasts a reputation across the state and Southeast as one of the premier beer stores. Customers can also find 400 wines, 60 different ciders, champagne, and a variety of kegs as well as a large selection of cigars displayed in four large humidors. A friendly, knowledgeable and helpful staff is there to serve.
Often referred to by Durhamites as “the Blue Light,” Sam’s opened in 1950 as a restaurant. Today, the beer mecca is a destination spot for locals and those who travel across state lines to enjoy the vast array of beers and wines, much of which is chilled and ready to enjoy. Mix and match singles to create your own magical six pack!
About Tyler’s Restaurant & Taproom
Serving business-paced lunches by day and casual dining at night, Tyler’s offers ever-changing American Comfort food with a seasonal twist. Additionally, Tyler's offers one of the most unique beer selections in the area, with up to 80 craft and specialty import beers on draft. After dinner, make your way to The Speakeasy to play some pool or watch your favorite team on one of our many HD TV’s. Visit any of our four locations throughout the Triangle including our original location in downtown Carrboro, in Durham at American Tobacco Campus, in Apex at Beaver Creek Commons and our newest location in downtown Raleigh located at Seaboard Station. Visit Tyler’s Restaurant & Taproom.
E: [email protected]