Tue, Aug 4
A Gentleman's Guide to Love & Murder
(August 4, 2015) ― Producer Joey Parnes is pleased to announce that casting for the First National Tour of the Tony® Award-winning Best Musical, A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder, is complete. John Rapson will play the role of the eight D’Ysquith heirs and Kevin Massey will portray the role of Monty Navarro.
The Gentleman’s Guide Tour will also feature Kristen Beth Williams (Sibella Hallward), Adrienne Eller (Phoebe D’Ysquith), and Mary VanArsdel (Miss Shingle). The Tour also includes Christopher Behmke, Sarah Ellis, Matt Leisy, Megan Loomis, Dani Marcus, Lesley McKinnell, Kristen Mengelkoch, David Scott Purdy, Chuck Ragsdale, and Ben Roseberry.
The First National Tour will preview at Proctors in Schenectady before beginning performances at Chicago’s Bank of America Theatre on September 29, 2015.
A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder features a book and lyrics by Robert L. Freedman and music and lyrics by Steven Lutvak. Direction is by Darko Tresnjak, with choreography by Peggy Hickey. The design team includes Alexander Dodge (Scenic Design), Linda Cho (Costume Design), Philip S. Rosenberg (Lighting Design), Dan Moses Schreier (Sound Design), Aaron Rhyne (Projections Design), Charles LaPointe (Wig Design), and Brian Strumwasser (Make-Up Design). Orchestrations are by Jonathan Tunick and Vocal Arrangements are by Dianne Adams McDowell and Steven Lutvak. Paul Staroba serves as Music Supervisor, and Larry Goldberg serves as Music Director.
Gentleman’s Guide tells the uproarious story of Monty Navarro, a distant heir to a family fortune who sets out to jump the line of succession, by any means necessary. All the while, he’s got to juggle his mistress (she’s after more than just love), his fiancée (she’s his cousin but who’s keeping track?), and the constant threat of landing behind bars! Of course, it will all be worth it if he can slay his way to his inheritance… and be done in time for tea.
The most celebrated musical of the 2013-14 Broadway season, Gentleman’s Guide received ten 2014 Tony® Award nominations, eventually winning four awards: Best Musical, Direction of a Musical, Book of a Musical, and Best Costume Design. In addition, it won the Best Musical prizes from the Drama League, Drama Desk and Outer Critics Circle, and received a 2015 Grammy® Award nomination for Best Musical Show Album.
- Gentleman’s Guide First National Tour Schedule is as follows:
- Schenectady, NY Proctors Sept. 19 – 26, 2015
- Chicago, IL Bank of America Theatre Sept. 29 – Oct. 11, 2015
- Durham, NC DPAC Oct. 13 – 18, 2015
- Tampa, FL Straz Center for the Performing Arts Oct. 20 – 25, 2015
- Lincoln, NE Lied Center for Performing Arts Oct. 29 – Nov. 1, 2015
- Cleveland, OH Playhouse Square Nov. 3 – 15, 2015
- Pittsburgh, PA Benedum Theater Nov. 17 – 22, 2015
- San Francisco, CA SHN Golden Gate Theatre Dec. 1 – 27, 2015
- Minneapolis, MN State Theatre Jan. 5 – 10, 2016
- Washington, DC Kennedy Center Eisenhower Theater Jan. 13 – 30, 2016
- Des Moines, IA Des Moines Civic Center Feb. 2 – 7, 2016
- Memphis, TN The Orpheum Theatre Feb. 9 – 14, 2016
- Denver, CO The Buell Theatre Feb. 16 – 28, 2016
- Salt Lake City, UT Kingsbury Hall Mar. 1 – 6, 2016
- Las Vegas, NV The Smith Center for the Preforming Arts Mar. 8 – 13, 2016
- Tempe, AZ ASU Gammage Mar. 15 – 20, 2016
- Los Angeles, CA Ahmanson Theatre Mar. 22 – May 1, 2016
- Houston, TX Hobby Center for the Performing Arts May 4 – 15, 2016
- Toronto, Ontario Princess of Wales Theatre May 16 – June 26, 2016
- Seattle, WA The 5th Avenue Theatre July 12 – 31, 2016
Gentleman's Guide opened at Broadway's Walter Kerr Theatre to overwhelming critical acclaim in November 2013 where The New York Times raved “Gentleman’s Guide will lift the hearts of all those who’ve been pining for what sometimes seems a lost art form.” The Hollywood Reporter enthused Gentleman’s Guide “Restores our faith in musical comedy!” And Time Magazine said “Just as I was about to give up on musicals, along comes A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder!”
For more information on Gentleman’s Guide, visit www.AGentlemansGuideBroadway.com.
# # #