Fri, Mar 1
Comedian Ali Wong - Second Show Added at DPAC on June 26, 2019
By Popular Demand—Second Show Added
The Milk & Money Tour
June 26 & 27, 2019
March 1, 2019 (Durham, NC) – By popular demand an additional show for Ali Wong has been added on Wednesday June 26, 2019. Stand-up comedian, writer, and actress Ali Wong will be at DPAC on Wednesday June 26 and Thursday June 27, 2019.
Tickets are On Sale Now:
- Online at DPACnc.com
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Ticket Center at DPAC: 919.680.2787, 123 Vivian Street, Durham, NC
- Ticketmaster.com / Ticketmaster Charge by phone at 800.745.3000
- For Mature Audiences. Parental discretion advised.
- This is a strict NO CELL PHONES ALLOWED show and there will be no mobile tickets.
- Please leave your phones in your cars or at home. No cellphones, cameras or recording devices will be allowed at this show and bringing your phone will delay your entry time.
- Anyone who brings a cell phone will be required to place it in a locked pouch. Upon arrival, all phones and smart watches will be secured in Yondr pouches that will be unlocked at the end of the show. Guests maintain possession of their phones throughout the night, and if needed, may access their phones at designated Yondr unlocking stations in the lobby.
- All guests are encouraged to print their tickets in advance to ensure a smooth entry process
- Everyone is subject to passing through walk-thru metal detectors before entering the center and anyone caught with a cell phone inside the venue will be immediately ejected.
- We appreciate your cooperation in creating a phone-free viewing experience.
Ali Wong is an American actress, stand-up comic, and writer who is noted for her Netflix stand-up specials Baby Cobra (filmed when she was 7 months pregnant) and Hard Knock Wife. According to the New York Magazine, "The special’s arrival on Netflix is the sort of star-making moment that unites the tastes of the unlikeliest fans." Elle applauded it as a "comic genius gem" while Vogue called it "The special that everyone is talking about."
In addition to stand-up comedy, Wong is known for her television appearances in American Housewife, Are You There, Chelsea?, Inside Amy Schumer, and Black Box. She is also a writer for the sitcom Fresh Off the Boat.
She is voicing the co-lead and executive producing the upcoming Netflix animation show, "Tuca and Bertie" alongside Tiffany Haddish. This summer Ali is starring in a Netflix movie, Always Be My Maybe, that she co-wrote with her longtime friend and creative collaborator, Randall Park. Her debut book for Random House will come out in 2019.
Since its opening in 2008, DPAC (Durham Performing Arts Center) has become the center for live entertainment in North Carolina. Recognized for its contemporary design, DPAC features 2,700 seats, intimate sightlines and state-of-the-art sound and video. Ranked annually among the top-ten theaters in America by three leading national magazines that cover live entertainment events and venues, DPAC attracts over 500,000 guests per year to its 200+ events.
With a mission of presenting one-of-a-kind live entertainment events, DPAC truly has “something for everyone,” hosting more than 200 performances a year, including spectacular touring Broadway productions, high-profile concert and comedy events, family shows and the heralded American Dance Festival. Owned by the City of Durham and operated under the direction of Nederlander and Professional Facilities Management (PFM), since 2011 DPAC has been listed as the #1 performing arts organization in the region by the Triangle Business Journal. For more information please go to www.DPACnc.com.