Fri, Feb 9
Distant Worlds Final Fantasy Comes to DPAC on October 13, 2018
Music and Video Live On Stage From One of the World’s Best-Selling Video Games
Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY
October 13, 2018
February 9, 2018 (Durham, NC) — Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY expands it’s 2018 North American tour schedule with a premier at DPAC on Saturday, October 13, 2018. The renowned program of favorites is conducted by GRAMMY Award winner Arnie Roth. Showcasing the Distant Worlds Philharmonic Orchestra and Chorus, this performance will be accompanied by breathtaking HD video direct from video game producer SQUARE ENIX in a fully immersive & dynamic experience.
Tickets go on sale Thursday, February 15th at 12p.m.:
- Online at DPACnc.com
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Ticket Center at DPAC: 919.680.2787, 123 Vivian Street, Durham, NC
- Ticketmaster.com / Ticketmaster Charge by phone at 800.745.3000
The 10-year running international concert sensation, which has drawn multiple sold-out crowds in Los Angeles, Berlin, London, and more, brings to stage and screen the music and video from one of the world’s best-selling video games of all time. With over 100 musicians on stage, fans will be transported by the excitement and spectacle of FINAL FANTASY live.
Concert includes the performances of FINAL FANTASY X: Zanarkand, FINAL FANTASY XV: Apocalypsis Noctis, FINAL FANTASY VII: Cosmo Canyon, and more!
For more information please go to www.DPACnc.com.
About MGP Live
If you are not already familiar with MGP Live, founder Massimo Gallotta has been a leading promoter in Europe and North America for over 30 years, with highlights including:
• Promoting Frank Sinatra's performances in Pompeii & Rome in 1991
• Producing Maestro Ennio Morricone’s 1st symphonic concert in the US at Radio City Music Hall, 2007
• Grammy-winning Angelique Kidjo’s performance for the United Nations in 2012
• Bringing to life more than 100 productions of The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses in markets throughout North America and Europe - including several sellouts in prestigious venues such as The Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles, The Auditorium Theatre in Chicago, Barclays Center in New York, Palais Des Congrès in Paris, Wembley Arena in London, and many more.
Since its opening in 2008, DPAC has become the center for live entertainment in North Carolina. Recognized for its contemporary design, DPAC features 2,700 seats, intimate sightlines and state-of-the art sound and video. Listed annually among the top venues in the country by multiple publications that track attendance and live event sales, DPAC is currently the #4 ranked theater in the U.S.
With a mission of presenting one-of a-kind live entertainment events, DPAC truly has “something for everyone”, hosting over 200 performances a year including spectacular touring Broadway productions, high-profile concert and comedy events, family shows and the heralded American Dance Festival. Owned by the City of Durham and operated under the direction of Nederlander and Professional Facilities Management (PFM), since 2011 DPAC has been listed the #1 performing arts organization in the region by the Triangle Business Journal.