Fri, Feb 9
Nashville Songwriters at DPAC on April 27
The Songwriters of 75 #1 Songs Performing their Biggest Hits Live
Nashville Songwriters at DPAC
Great Songs, Stories & Laughter
Presented by Loud Lemon Foundation & 94.7 QDR
April 27, 2018
February 9, 2018 (Durham, NC) — Behind every hit song is its writers, and DPAC offers a unique opportunity to hear some of Country’s biggest hits performed live on our stage Friday, April 27, 2018.
Great songwriting is a rare gift; at Nashville Songwriters at DPAC you will hear eight of Music City’s best. The creators of over 75 Number One Country hits, among them winners of two Grammy® awards, bring their songs and stories to DPAC to help benefit three worthy local organizations—Kidznotes, The North Carolina Boy’s Academy and Voyager Academy Friends of the Arts.
For one show, you’ll be able to get to the heart of the matter and come closer to the creative process when these celebrated writers speak and sing:
- Tim Nichols (“Live Like You Were Dying” by Tim McGraw, “Heads Carolina, Tails California” by Jo Dee Messina
- Rodney Clawson (“I Saw God Today” by George Strait, “Dirt” by Florida Georgia Line)
- Nicolle Galyon (“We Were Us” by Keith Urban and Miranda Lambert, “All the Pretty Girls” by Kenny Chesney
- Jimmy Yeary (“I Drive Your Truck” by Lee Brice, “Til It’s Gone” by Kenny Chesney)
- Jessi Alexander (“Mine Would Be You” by Blake Shelton, “The Climb” by Miley Cyrus
- Wynn Varble (“I’m a Little More Country Than That” by Easton Corbin, “Waitin’ on a Woman” by Brad Paisley
- J.T. Harding (“Different For Girls” by Dierks Bentley, “Smile” by Uncle Kracker
- Jeff Outlaw (“She’s on Her Way” by Phil Vassar)
“The intimate nature of DPAC’s stage and seating is sure to make this showcase of top songwriting a night to remember,” DPAC General Manager Bob Klaus said. “We love to learn the stories behind the songs.” Organized by songwriter Jeff Outlaw, this event has become an annual Triangle event, and DPAC is proud to be its new host in 2018.
The North Carolina Boy's Academy http://www.ncboysacademy.org/
Voyager Academy Friends of the Arts http://www.vafoa.org/
Tickets go on sale Thursday February 15 at 10:00am:
- Online at DPACnc.com
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Ticket Center at DPAC: 919.680.2787, 123 Vivian Street, Durham, NC
- Ticketmaster.com / Ticketmaster Charge by phone at 800.745.3000
For more information please go to www.DPACnc.com.
Since its opening in 2008, DPAC has become the center for live entertainment in North Carolina. Recognized for its contemporary design, DPAC features 2,700 seats, intimate sightlines and state-of-the art sound and video. Listed annually among the top venues in the country by multiple publications that track attendance and live event sales, DPAC is currently the #4 ranked theater in the U.S.
With a mission of presenting one-of a-kind live entertainment events, DPAC truly has “something for everyone”, hosting over 200 performances a year including spectacular touring Broadway productions, high-profile concert and comedy events, family shows and the heralded American Dance Festival. Owned by the City of Durham and operated under the direction of Nederlander and Professional Facilities Management (PFM), since 2011 DPAC has been listed the #1 performing arts organization in the region by the Triangle Business Journal.