American Ballet Theatre Giselle
Classic Drama, Unrivaled Artistry
“transcendently lovely pure dance” - Chicago Sun-Times on ABT’s Giselle
American Ballet Theatre (ABT), America’s National Ballet Company® returns to North Carolina for the first time in over 50 years with the romantic masterwork Giselle. This engrossing tale of unrequited love, revenge, and forgiveness has been an “enduring classic” (The New York Times) for nearly 200 years because of the exquisite and exacting dancing it requires of its entire ensemble. In the hands of ABT, one of the world’s leading ballet companies, Giselle is transcendent – an unmissable evening of stunning artistry.
ABT was founded in the fall of 1939 with dual aims of developing a repertoire of the best ballets from the past and supporting the creation of new works by gifted young choreographers. Over 80 years later, ABT is one of the world’s preeminent classical ballet companies, a world-touring ambassador for the art form, a committed choreographic commissioner, and an energetic leader in ballet education and outreach. All of these qualities animate Duke’s historic multi-year institutional collaboration with ABT, which culminates with this run of performances by American Ballet Theatre at DPAC.
Meet the Cast
Meet the Cast
Thu, Mar 16 | 7:30 PM: Isabella Boylston, Cory Stearns & Catherine Hurlin
Fri, Mar 17 | 8:00 PM: Gillian Murphy, Thomas Forster & Devon Teuscher
Sat, Mar 18 | 2:00 PM: Isabella Boylston, Joo Won Ahn & Chloe Misseldine
Sat, Mar 18 | 8:00 PM: Christine Shevchenko, Calvin Royal III & Katherine Williams
Sun, Mar 19 | 1:00 PM: Skylar Brandt, Herman Cornejo & Catherine Hurlin
Performances with open captioning are available upon request by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling 919-680-2787 at least ten business days in advance of the scheduled performance.
Performances with audio description are available upon request by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 919-680-2787 at least ten business days in advance of the scheduled performance.
Performances with sign language are available upon request by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling 919-680-2787 at least ten business days in advance of the scheduled performance.
For other services and accomodations, visit our Accessibility Page here.
Please note that all guests require a ticket, regardless of age. Children must be able to sit quietly in their own seat without disturbing other guests.
NEW - Cashless Payments for Snacks and Beverages at DPAC
- Cash is no longer accepted for snack or beverage purchases at DPAC’s lobby bars or snack and beverage stands.
- Snack and beverage purchases now require payment using credit or debit cards, Apple Pay or Google Pay or a DPAC gift card.
- If you happen to arrive at DPAC with cash only, guests may purchase a DPAC gift card in $20 increments at our Entry Lobby Guest Services window. These gift cards can then be used at any lobby bar or snack and beverage stand.
DPAC offers a diverse selection of entertainment. Not all productions will appeal to or be appropriate for every guest or for all ages. Ticket buyers should take responsibility for making informed decisions regarding their purchases. We recommend visiting the official website of each show to learn more about the show you are coming to see at DPAC. If you ever have questions about the content or appropriateness of a show, please contact us at GuestServices@dpacnc.com.
Our lobby doors open 60 minutes prior to show time.
Thursday Evening Show:
6:30 PM- Lobby Doors
7:30 PM- Performance Begins
Friday Kids Matinee:
10:00 PM- Lobby Doors
11:00 PM- Performance Begins
Friday and Saturday Evening:
7:00 PM- Lobby Doors
8:00 PM- Performance Begins
Saturday Matinee Show:
1:00 PM- Lobby Doors
2:00 PM- Performance Begins
Sunday Matinee Show:
12:00 PM- Lobby Doors
1:00 PM- Performance Begins
* Please note all times are approximate and subject to change without notice.
Face Covers - Optional
Based on personal preference, face covers are welcome at this event, but not required.
All performances scheduled at DPAC normally take place as planned. For more information on our inclement weather policy, please visit INCLEMENT WEATHER FAQ.
Photography / Video Recording
- Photography and video recording using mobile phones is strictly prohibited.
- Mobile phones must be turned off before the start of the event.
- GoPro’s, tablets, and cameras of any kind are prohibited at all DPAC events.
Safety First - Bag Check
- For your safety, all guests and their bags are subject to inspection before entry.
- This inspection may include the use of metal detectors.
- Restricted items include, but are not limited to: Alcohol, Cameras, Glass Bottles, and Weapons of any kind.
- In addition, no large bags are allowed including backpacks and large purses 12 or more inches deep.
- Small clutch purses are STRONGLY recommended.
- For family shows that allow very young children, diapers bags are allowed for guests with infants and toddlers (child must be present).
- Safety first is our goal. Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback at guestservices@DPACnc.com
- Most tickets buyers purchase right from our website using the Buy Tickets button on this page.
- In addition to purchasing online, DPAC offers several other ways to purchase the seats you want to the best Broadway, concerts, comedy, family shows and special events in North Carolina.
- Our computerized ticket system enables you equal access to great DPAC seats whether you buy online, by phone, or in person at DPAC.
- For more details, visit our Purchase Seats page for complete information on purchasing great seats for all events at DPAC.
- All tickets for DPAC events are fully digital and only accessible via your mobile device. A mobile ticket is the safest, most convenient, and flexible way to receive and manage your tickets while increasing protection against fraud. To learn more about mobile entry, please visit our Mobile Entry FAQ.
Currently, this event has not approved using our video screens. Please feel free to check back closer to the event for updates. If approved, we will post notice here.
For many concert, comedy, and special events at DPAC, we offer added views of the stage with two big screens (size: 16’ x 9’) hung to the sides of the stage or above the stage. These big screens can add to the visual experience of our concert, comedy, and special events and give guests seated farther from the stage what we like to call “a tenth row view”. Approval to use these screens always rests with the visiting show and about half of all concert and comedy events do use these screens.