Truist Broadway at DPAC
- Tue, Mar 29 7:30 PM Buy Tickets
- Wed, Mar 30 7:30 PM Buy Tickets
- Thu, Mar 31 7:30 PM Buy Tickets
- Fri, Apr 1 8:00 PM Buy Tickets
- Sat, Apr 2 2:00 PM Buy Tickets
Tony® Award Winning Best Musical Revival
|EVENT UPDATE: DPAC's tour dates of April 20-25, 2021 have been rescheduled for March 29-April 3, 2022. All tickets will be honored for the rescheduled dates.|
This is OKLAHOMA! as you’ve never seen or heard it before—reimagined for the 21st century, and now the Tony Award winner for Best Revival of a Musical. Funny and sexy, dark and jolting, this acclaimed production of OKLAHOMA! “lets us experience Rodgers and Hammerstein’s greatness anew.” (The New Yorker).
Stripped down to reveal the darker psychological truths at its core, Daniel Fish’s production tells a story of a community circling its wagons against an outsider, and the frontier life that shaped America. Upending the sunny romance of a farmer and a cowpoke, this OKLAHOMA! allows the classic musical – and our country – to be seen in a whole new light.
“This production shocked me and moved me,” raves Frank Rich of New York Magazine. “This is the OKLAHOMA! that was there all along.” The Daily Beast says “Forget your traditional idea of OKLAHOMA! Daniel Fish’s daring, brilliant, utterly absorbing re-interpretation is dark and different—brilliantly so.”
There will be an open captioned performance on Thursday, March 31 at 7:30 PM.
There will be an audio described performance on Saturday, April 2 at 8:00 PM.
Performances with sign language are available upon request by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 919-680-2787 at least ten business days in advance of the scheduled performance.
For other services and accomodations, visit our Accessibility Page here.
Please note that all guests require a ticket, regardless of age. Children under the age of 6 are not allowed at this performance. Children must be able to sit quietly in their own seat without disturbing other guests. As a further courtesy to our guests, DPAC recommends one parent or chaperone for every one child in attendance.
NEW - Cashless Payments for Snacks and Beverages at DPAC
- Cash is no longer accepted for snack or beverage purchases at DPAC’s lobby bars or snack and beverage stands.
- Snack and beverage purchases now require payment using credit or debit cards, Apple Pay or Google Pay or a DPAC gift card.
- If you happen to arrive at DPAC with cash only, guests may purchase a DPAC gift card in $20 increments at our Entry Lobby Guest Services window. These gift cards can then be used at any lobby bar or snack and beverage stand.
Not recommended for children under 12 years of age, due to the mature content in this production. Parental discretion is advised.
DPAC offers a diverse selection of entertainment. Not all productions will appeal to or be appropriate for every guest or for all ages. Ticket buyers should take responsibility for making informed decisions regarding their purchases. We recommend visiting the official website of each show or for many current Broadway shows, websites like Broadway.com are a good resource to learn more about the show you are coming to see at DPAC. If you ever have questions about the content or appropriateness of a show, please contact us at GuestServices@dpacnc.com.
COVID-19 Vaccination & Test Requirements
For this event, guests 12 years-of-age and older are required to provide documentation of full COVID-19 vaccination status or as an alternative, documentation of a recent negative COVID-19 test.
- Guests should be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (at least two weeks after final dose) AND provide record of vaccination prior to entry for the event.
- Negative COVID-19 Test Result:
- Unvaccinated guests must have received a negative COVID-19 diagnostic test within 72-hours of the event date AND provide record of a negative result prior to entry for the event.
- Currently, there is not a vaccination requirement or test requirement for guests 11 years-of-age and younger.
Please visit Vaccination or Negative Test Requirements for more information.
Lobby doors open 60 minutes prior to the start of the event and doors to the seating area open 30 minutes prior.
DPAC for All
DPAC has reserved select seating starting at $15 + taxes per ticket, exclusively for residents of Durham for most Broadway shows and select special events, including OKLAHOMA!.
DPAC for All tickets are available at the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina – Ticket Center at DPAC, located at 123 Vivian Street, Durham, NC 27701. Please ask for “DPAC for All Seating” to purchase these seats.
Sales end one month prior to the opening night performance of each show or while supplies last.
Here is a list of the other shows that offer City of Durham Residents tickets starting at $15 + taxes on select seating.
The exact schedule for this performance including the time of any intermissions and the length of the show have not been set yet. Please check this space the week of the event for these added details.
Face covers will be required for this event.
- The City of Durham and Durham County have reinstituted a requirement that face covers be worn indoors regardless of vaccination status.
- Face covers should be worn by guests as you approach the entry doors, in lobbies, restrooms and in the seating area.
- Exceptions apply when a guest is actively eating or drinking.
- More information on this government order may be found via this link: Durham City and County Officials Announce New Face Cover Requirements
- Help protect live shows with your responsible and respectful cooperation of this requirement.
All performances scheduled at DPAC normally take place as planned. For more information on our inclement weather policy, please visit INCLEMENT WEATHER FAQ.
Photography / Video Recording
- Photography and video recording using mobile phones is strictly prohibited.
- Mobile phones must be turned off before the start of the event.
- GoPro’s, tablets, and cameras of any kind are prohibited at all DPAC events.
Safety First - Bag Check
For your safety, all guests and their bags are subject to inspection before entry. This inspection may include the use of metal detectors. Restricted items include, but are not limited to, Alcohol, Cameras, Glass Bottles, and Weapons of any kind. In addition, we will also now restrict backpacks and any oversized bags larger than 12 inches x 12 inches x 10 inches (about the size of a standard milk crate). Safety first is our goal. Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback at guestservices@DPACnc.com.
- Most tickets buyers purchase right from our website using the Buy Tickets button on this page.
- In addition to purchasing online, DPAC offers several other ways to purchase the seats you want to the best Broadway, concerts, comedy, family shows and special events in North Carolina.
- Our computerized ticket system enables you equal access to great DPAC seats whether you buy online, by phone, or in person at DPAC.
- For more details, visit our Purchase Seats page for complete information on purchasing great seats for all events at DPAC.
- All tickets for DPAC events are fully digital and only accessible via your mobile device. A mobile ticket is the safest, most convenient, and flexible way to receive and manage your tickets while increasing protection against fraud. To learn more about mobile entry, please visit our Mobile Entry FAQ.