The Band's Visit
Truist Broadway at DPAC
- Tue, Oct 5 7:30 PM Buy Tickets
- Wed, Oct 6 7:30 PM Buy Tickets
- Thu, Oct 7 7:30 PM Buy Tickets
- Fri, Oct 8 8:00 PM Buy Tickets
- Sat, Oct 9 2:00 PM Buy Tickets
Winner of 10 Tony® Awards Including Best Musical
|EVENT UPDATE: DPAC's tour date of January 26-30, 2021 has been rescheduled for October 5-10, 2021. All tickets will be honored for these rescheduled dates.|
The critically acclaimed smash-hit Broadway musical The Band’s Visit is one of the most Tony-winning musicals in history, with 10 Tony Awards including Best Musical.
In a joyful, offbeat story, set in a town way off the beaten path, a band of musicians arrive lost, out of the blue. Under the spell of the desert sky, with beautiful music perfuming the air, the band brings the town to life in unexpected ways.
The cast of world-class performers is led by award-winning Israeli actor Sasson Gabay, star of the original film and the Broadway production. Joining him for the tour is critically acclaimed actress Janet Dacal in the role of “Dina.”
With a Tony-and Grammy-winning score that seduces your soul and sweeps you off your feet, performed by thrillingly talented onstage musicians, The Band’s Visit rejoices in the way music ultimately brings us together.
There will be an open captioned performance on Thursday, October 7 at 7:30 PM.
There will be an audio described performance on Friday, October 8 at 8:00 PM.
Performances with sign language are available upon request by e-mailing [email protected] or by calling 919-680-2787 at least ten business days in advance of the scheduled performance.
For other services and accomodations, visit our Accessibility Page here.
Please note that all guests require a ticket, regardless of age. Children under the age of 6 are not allowed at this performance. Children must be able to sit quietly in their own seat without disturbing other guests. As a further courtesy to our guests, DPAC recommends one parent or chaperone for every one child in attendance.
Not recommended for children under 12 years of age. Parental discretion is advised.
DPAC offers a diverse selection of entertainment. Not all productions will appeal to or be appropriate for every guest or for all ages. Ticket buyers should take responsibility for making informed decisions regarding their purchases. We recommend visiting the official website of each show or for many current Broadway shows, websites like Broadway.com are a good resource to learn more about the show you are coming to see at DPAC. If you ever have questions about the content or appropriateness of a show, please contact us at [email protected].
COVID-19 Vaccination & Test Requirements
For more information, please click here.
Lobby doors open 60 minutes prior to the start of the event and doors to the seating area open 30 minutes prior.
DPAC for All
DPAC has reserved select seating for $15 to $20 + taxes per ticket, exclusively for residents of Durham for most Broadway shows, including The Band's Visit.
DPAC for All tickets are available at the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina – Ticket Center at DPAC, located at 123 Vivian Street, Durham, NC 27701. Please ask for “DPAC for All Seating” to purchase these seats.
Sales end one month prior to the opening night performance of each show or while supplies last.
Here is a list of the other shows that offer City of Durham Residents $15 to $20 + taxes on select seating.
Run Time: 100 minutes (no intermission)
*Please note all times are approximate and subject to change without notice.
Face covers will be required for this event.
- The City of Durham and Durham County have reinstituted a requirement that face covers be worn indoors regardless of vaccination status.
- Face covers should be worn by guests as you approach the entry doors, in lobbies, restrooms and in the seating area.
- Exceptions apply when a guest is actively eating or drinking.
- More information on this government order may be found via this link: Durham City and County Officials Announce New Face Cover Requirements
- Help protect live shows with your responsible and respectful cooperation of this requirement.
All performances scheduled at DPAC normally take place as planned. For more information on our inclement weather policy, please visit INCLEMENT WEATHER FAQ.
Photography / Video Recording
- Photography and video recording using mobile phones is strictly prohibited.
- Mobile phones must be turned off before the start of the event.
- GoPro’s, tablets, and cameras of any kind are prohibited at all DPAC events.
Safety First - Bag Check
For your safety, all guests and their bags are subject to inspection before entry. This inspection may include the use of metal detectors. Restricted items include, but are not limited to, Alcohol, Cameras, Glass Bottles, and Weapons of any kind. In addition, we will also now restrict backpacks and any oversized bags larger than 12 inches x 12 inches x 10 inches (about the size of a standard milk crate). Safety first is our goal. Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback at [email protected].
- Most tickets buyers purchase right from our website using the Buy Tickets button on this page.
- In addition to purchasing online, DPAC offers several other ways to purchase the seats you want to the best Broadway, concerts, comedy, family shows and special events in North Carolina.
- Our computerized ticket system enables you equal access to great DPAC seats whether you buy online, by phone, or in person at DPAC.
- For more details, visit our Purchase Seats page for complete information on purchasing great seats for all events at DPAC
- All tickets for DPAC events are fully digital and only accessible via your mobile device. A mobile ticket is the safest, most convenient, and flexible way to receive and manage your tickets while increasing protection against fraud. To learn more about mobile entry, please visit our Mobile Entry FAQ.