The Lion King
Truist Broadway at DPAC
- Wed, May 15 7:30 PM Find Tickets
- Thu, May 16 1:00 PM Find Tickets
- Thu, May 16 7:30 PM Find Tickets
- Fri, May 17 8:00 PM Find Tickets
- Sat, May 18 2:00 PM Find Tickets
- Sat, May 18 8:00 PM Find Tickets
- Sun, May 19 1:00 PM Find Tickets
- Sun, May 19 6:30 PM Find Tickets
- Tue, May 21 7:30 PM Find Tickets
- Wed, May 22 7:30 PM Find Tickets
- Thu, May 23 7:30 PM Find Tickets
- Fri, May 24 8:00 PM Find Tickets
- Sat, May 25 2:00 PM Find Tickets
- Sat, May 25 8:00 PM Find Tickets
- Sun, May 26 1:00 PM Find Tickets
- Sun, May 26 6:30 PM Find Tickets
- Tue, May 28 7:30 PM Best Availability Find Tickets
- Wed, May 29 7:30 PM Best Availability Find Tickets
- Thu, May 30 7:30 PM Best Availability Find Tickets
- Fri, May 31 8:00 PM Best Availability Find Tickets
- Sat, June 1 2:00 PM Find Tickets
- Sat, June 1 8:00 PM Find Tickets
- Sun, June 2 1:00 PM Find Tickets
- Sun, June 2 6:30 PM Find Tickets
- Tue, June 4 7:30 PM Best Availability Find Tickets
- Wed, June 5 7:30 PM Best Availability Find Tickets
- Thu, June 6 7:30 PM Best Availability Find Tickets
- Fri, June 7 8:00 PM Best Availability Find Tickets
- Sat, June 8 2:00 PM Find Tickets
- Sat, June 8 8:00 PM Find Tickets
- Sun, June 9 1:00 PM Find Tickets
- Sun, June 9 6:30 PM Find Tickets
The Show of a Lifetime
More than 100 million people around the world have experienced the phenomenon of Disney's THE LION KING, and now you can, too, when the Triangle's best-loved musical returns to DPAC. Winner of six Tony Awards®, including Best Musical, this landmark musical event brings together one of the most imaginative creative teams on Broadway. Tony Award®-winning director Julie Taymor brings to life a story filled with hope and adventure set against an amazing backdrop of stunning visuals. THE LION KING also features some of Broadway's most recognizable music, crafted by Tony Award®-winning artists Elton John and Tim Rice. There is simply nothing else like THE LION KING.
Accessible Seating & Accessible Services
DPAC offers a variety of Accessible Seating & Accessible Services to make our performances and facilities accessible to all.
- Accessible entrances, parking, restrooms, and seating options including a variety of wheelchair accessible locations and companion seating.
- ADA compliant ramp access and elevators to all lobbies and seating areas.
- Courtesy shuttles from nearby parking areas, curb-to-seat wheelchair assistance and listening devices at every event.
- Plus, audio description, captioning, and sign language interpretation upon request.
Accessible Services - We’re here to help!
- For additional information, questions or more specific details on accessibility or any accommodation or service listed below, please contact us via e-mail at AccessibleServices@DPACnc.com.
Accessible Seats - Ticket Purchases
- To purchase Accessible Seats, please visit the Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina Ticket Center
For additional information, questions or details on an accommodation or service not listed below, please contact us via e-mail at AccessibleServices@DPACnc.com.
Disney on Broadway performances are recommended for a general audience.
As an advisory to adults who might bring young people, Disney recommends its productions for age 6 and up.
All persons entering the theater, regardless of age, require a ticket.
Cashless Payments for Snacks and Beverages at DPAC
- Cash is no longer accepted for snack or beverage purchases at DPAC’s lobby bars or snack and beverage stands.
- Snack and beverage purchases now require payment using credit or debit cards, Apple Pay or Google Pay or a DPAC gift card.
- If you happen to arrive at DPAC with cash only, guests may purchase a DPAC gift card in $20 increments at our Entry Lobby Guest Services window. These gift cards can then be used at any lobby bar or snack and beverage stand.
Recommended for all audiences including couples, parents, grandparents, and kids alike (age 6 and above only please).
Disney's The Lion King is recommended for a general audience. As an advisory to adults who might bring young people, Disney recommends its productions for ages 6 and up. All persons entering the theater, regardless of age, must have a ticket.
As Broadway shows do not have uniform "ratings" like movies, ticket buyers taking responsibility for making informed decisions regarding their purchases can be difficult. We recommend visiting the official website of each show or for many current Broadway shows, the websites listed below can offer more details to learn more about the shows and national Broadway tours coming to DPAC.
If you ever have questions about the content of a show or appropriateness of a show for children and teens, you can always contact us at GuestServices@dpacnc.com.
Lobby doors open 60 minutes prior to the start of the event and doors to the seating area open 30 minutes prior.
Act 1: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Intermission: 20 minutes
Act 2: 1 hour
Total: 2 hours, 30 minutes
All performances scheduled at DPAC normally take place as planned. For more information on our inclement weather policy, please visit INCLEMENT WEATHER FAQ.
Photography / Video Recording
- Photography and video recording using mobile phones is strictly prohibited.
- Mobile phones must be turned off before the start of the event.
- GoPro’s, tablets, and cameras of any kind are prohibited at all DPAC events.
Safety First - Bag Check
- For your safety, all guests and their bags are subject to inspection before entry.
- This inspection may include the use of metal detectors.
- Restricted items include, but are not limited to: Alcohol, Cameras, Glass Bottles, and Weapons of any kind.
- In addition, no large bags are allowed including backpacks and large purses 12 or more inches deep.
- Small clutch purses are STRONGLY recommended.
- For family shows that allow very young children, diapers bags are allowed for guests with infants and toddlers (child must be present).
- Safety first is our goal. Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback at guestservices@DPACnc.com
- For many events at DPAC, the performances contain bright lights, flashing strobe lights and theatrical fog or haze.
- DPAC does not control these lighting effects which are designed as part of the show and are used for dramatic effect.
- Theatrical fog or haze, comprised of safety tested glycol, glycol/water mixtures, water, mineral oil, or dry ice, is used to make lighting effects more visible, and to create a specific sense of mood or atmosphere.
- Some, but not all events provide DPAC with more specific advisories on these effects. When available, DPAC will post any added advisories below.
- This event has not provided DPAC with any specific advisory.
- Most tickets buyers purchase right from our website using the Buy Tickets button on this page.
- In addition to purchasing online, DPAC offers several other ways to purchase the seats you want to the best Broadway, concerts, comedy, family shows and special events in North Carolina.
- Our computerized ticket system enables you equal access to great DPAC seats whether you buy online, by phone, or in person at DPAC.
- For more details, visit our Purchase Seats page for complete information on purchasing great seats for all events at DPAC.
- All tickets for DPAC events are fully digital and only accessible via your mobile device. A mobile ticket is the safest, most convenient, and flexible way to receive and manage your tickets while increasing protection against fraud. To learn more about mobile entry, please visit our Mobile Entry FAQ.