Part of the Forest at Duke Legends Concert
- Fri, Sep 29 8:00 PM Find Tickets
First Lady of Rock & Soul
Beautiful, simply does not describe the incomparable force known to the world as Patti LaBelle. As time continues to evolve, the soulful songbird’s name has become synonymous with grace, style, elegance and class. Belting out classic rhythm and blues renditions, pop standards and spiritual sonnets have created the unique platform of versatility that she is known and revered for.
It’s a small wonder that Patti has time for anything else in between recording and touring, but she makes time and the world is oh so happy that she does! She has written six books, Don’t Block the Blessings, LaBelle Cuisine: Recipes to Sing About, Patti’s Pearls, Patti LaBelle’s Lite Cuisine, Recipes for the Good Life and Desserts LaBelle. Recently, Patti released a 20th anniversary edition of her New York Times bestselling cookbook, LaBelle Cuisine, featuring three new recipes.
Additionally, Patti has been featured in popular films and television programs including A Soldier’s Story, A Different World, American Horror Story, Empire, Star and The Kominsky Method, and starred in her own TV series, Out All Night. She’s also wowed television audiences with unforgettable performances on the hit shows, Dancing with the Stars and The Masked Singer and starred in Broadway productions of Your Arms are Too Short to Box with God, Fela, and After Midnight,
Performances with open captioning are available upon request by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 919-680-2787 at least ten business days in advance of the scheduled performance.
Performances with audio description are available upon request by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling 919-680-2787 at least ten business days in advance of the scheduled performance.
Performances with sign language are available upon request by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 919-680-2787 at least ten business days in advance of the scheduled performance.
For other services and accomodations, visit our Accessibility Page here.
Please note that all guests require a ticket, regardless of age. Children under the age of 6 are not allowed at this performance. Children must be able to sit quietly in their own seat without disturbing other guests.
NEW - Cashless Payments for Snacks and Beverages at DPAC
- Cash is no longer accepted for snack or beverage purchases at DPAC’s lobby bars or snack and beverage stands.
- Snack and beverage purchases now require payment using credit or debit cards, Apple Pay or Google Pay or a DPAC gift card.
- If you happen to arrive at DPAC with cash only, guests may purchase a DPAC gift card in $20 increments at our Entry Lobby Guest Services window. These gift cards can then be used at any lobby bar or snack and beverage stand.
DPAC offers a diverse selection of entertainment. Not all productions will appeal to or be appropriate for every guest or for all ages. Ticket buyers should take responsibility for making informed decisions regarding their purchases. We recommend visiting the official website of each show to learn more about the show you are coming to see at DPAC. If you ever have questions about the content or appropriateness of a show, please contact us at GuestServices@dpacnc.com.
Our lobby doors open 60 minutes prior to show time.
7:00 PM- Lobby Doors
8:00 PM- Performance Begins
* Please note all times are approximate and subject to change without notice.
Face Covers - Optional
- Based on personal preference, face covers are welcome at this event, but not required.
All performances scheduled at DPAC normally take place as planned. For more information on our inclement weather policy, please visit INCLEMENT WEATHER FAQ.
Photography / Video Recording
- At DPAC, each event that we host determines their own policy on photography and video recording using mobile phones. We enforce these policies at their direction.
- This event has not yet communicated to DPAC, their specific policy regarding photography and video recording using mobile phones.
- DPAC will make every effort to communicate this policy to guests in an email before the event.
- Once you arrive at DPAC, you can also ask a staff member, look for specific signage near the doors to the seating area, or listen for pre-show announcements.
- GoPro’s, tablets, and cameras of any kind are prohibited at all DPAC events.
Safety First - Bag Check
- For your safety, all guests and their bags are subject to inspection before entry.
- This inspection may include the use of metal detectors.
- Restricted items include, but are not limited to: Alcohol, Cameras, Glass Bottles, and Weapons of any kind.
- In addition, no large bags are allowed including backpacks and large purses 12 or more inches deep.
- Small clutch purses are STRONGLY recommended.
- For family shows that allow very young children, diapers bags are allowed for guests with infants and toddlers (child must be present).
- Safety first is our goal. Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback at guestservices@DPACnc.com
Standing at Concerts
Standing and Dancing at Concerts: DPAC is proud to welcome all types of concerts to our stage. Sometimes during the course of a concert performance, audience members will show their enthusiasm by standing and dancing, especially when encouraged by the performers to do so. Unless directed by the show, we do not ever enforce a must sit policy at concerts. For most concerts, this would not be acceptable to the performers on stage who often love it when the crowd is moved enough by the performance to stand. This is especially true for rock shows and for seats closest to the stage.
Please know that DPAC does not have a “no standing” policy and in most situations will allow guests to stand even if they block the view of the stage for other guests. If your view is ever blocked by a standing or dancing guest, please contact an usher and we’ll attempt to find alternative seating.
- Most tickets buyers purchase right from our website using the Buy Tickets button on this page.
- In addition to purchasing online, DPAC offers several other ways to purchase the seats you want to the best Broadway, concerts, comedy, family shows and special events in North Carolina.
- Our computerized ticket system enables you equal access to great DPAC seats whether you buy online, by phone, or in person at DPAC.
- For more details, visit our Purchase Seats page for complete information on purchasing great seats for all events at DPAC.
- All tickets for DPAC events are fully digital and only accessible via your mobile device. A mobile ticket is the safest, most convenient, and flexible way to receive and manage your tickets while increasing protection against fraud. To learn more about mobile entry, please visit our Mobile Entry FAQ.
Currently, this event has not approved using our video screens. Please feel free to check back closer to the event for updates. If approved, we will post notice here.
For many concert, comedy, and special events at DPAC, we offer added views of the stage with two big screens (size: 16’ x 9’) hung to the sides of the stage or above the stage. These big screens can add to the visual experience of our concert, comedy, and special events and give guests seated farther from the stage what we like to call “a tenth row view”. Approval to use these screens always rests with the visiting show and about half of all concert and comedy events do use these screens.