MJ The Musical
Truist Broadway at DPAC
- Tue, Oct 10 7:30 PM On Sale TBA
- Wed, Oct 11 7:30 PM On Sale TBA
- Thu, Oct 12 7:30 PM On Sale TBA
- Fri, Oct 13 8:00 PM On Sale TBA
- Sat, Oct 14 2:00 PM On Sale TBA
- Sat, Oct 14 8:00 PM On Sale TBA
- Sun, Oct 15 1:00 PM On Sale TBA
- Sun, Oct 15 6:30 PM On Sale TBA
- Tue, Oct 17 7:30 PM On Sale TBA
- Wed, Oct 18 7:30 PM On Sale TBA
- Thu, Oct 19 7:30 PM On Sale TBA
- Fri, Oct 20 8:00 PM On Sale TBA
- Sat, Oct 21 2:00 PM On Sale TBA
- Sat, Oct 21 8:00 PM On Sale TBA
- Sun, Oct 22 1:00 PM On Sale TBA
- Sun, Oct 22 6:30 PM On Sale TBA
Broadway's Most Electrifying New Musical
The music. The moves. The icon. Now, the unparalleled artistry of the greatest entertainer of all time comes to DPAC as MJ, the multi-Tony Award®-winning new musical centered around the making of the 1992 Dangerous World Tour, begins a tour of its own. Created by Tony Award®-winning Director/Choreographer Christopher Wheeldon and two-time Pulitzer Prize winner Lynn Nottage, MJ goes beyond the singular moves and signature sound of the star, offering a rare look at the creative mind and collaborative spirit that catapulted Michael Jackson into legendary status. MJ is startin' somethin' as it makes its Durham premiere at DPAC in October 2023.
The MJ creative team features Scenic Design by Tony and two-time Emmy Award winner Derek McLane, Lighting Design by seven-time Tony Award® winner Gareth Owen, Projection Design by two-time Tony Award® nominee Peter Nigrini, and Hair & Wig Design by two-time Emmy Award nominee Charles LaPointe. The creative team will also feature Musical Supervision by David Holcenberg, Orchestrations and Arrangements by David Holcenberg and Tony Award® winner Jason Michael Webb, and Music Direction by Jason Michael Webb.
Performances with open captioning are available upon request by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 919-680-2787 at least ten business days in advance of the scheduled performance.
Performances with audio description are available upon request by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling 919-680-2787 at least ten business days in advance of the scheduled performance.
Performances with sign language are available upon request by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 919-680-2787 at least ten business days in advance of the scheduled performance.
For other services and accomodations, visit our Accessibility Page here.
Please note that all guests require a ticket, regardless of age. Children under the age of 6 are not allowed at this performance. Children must be able to sit quietly in their own seat without disturbing other guests. As a further courtesy to our guests, DPAC recommends one parent or chaperone for every one child in attendance.
Cashless Payments for Snacks and Beverages at DPAC
- Cash is no longer accepted for snack or beverage purchases at DPAC’s lobby bars or snack and beverage stands.
- Snack and beverage purchases now require payment using credit or debit cards, Apple Pay or Google Pay or a DPAC gift card.
- If you happen to arrive at DPAC with cash only, guests may purchase a DPAC gift card in $20 increments at our Entry Lobby Guest Services window. These gift cards can then be used at any lobby bar or snack and beverage stand.
Not recommended for children under 8 years of age. Parental discretion is advised.
As Broadway shows do not have uniform "ratings" like movies, ticket buyers taking responsibility for making informed decisions regarding their purchases can be difficult. We recommend visiting the official website of each show or for many current Broadway shows, the websites listed below can offer more details to learn more about the shows and national Broadway tours coming to DPAC.
If you ever have questions about the content of a show or appropriateness of a show for children and teens, you can always contact us at GuestServices@dpacnc.com.
Lobby doors open 60 minutes prior to the start of the event and doors to the seating area open 30 minutes prior.
The exact schedule for this performance including the time of any intermissions and the length of the show have not been set yet. Please check this space the week of the event for these added details.
Face Covers - Optional
- Based on personal preference, face covers are welcome at this event, but not required.
All performances scheduled at DPAC normally take place as planned. For more information on our inclement weather policy, please visit INCLEMENT WEATHER FAQ.
Photography / Video Recording
- Photography and video recording using mobile phones is strictly prohibited.
- Mobile phones must be turned off before the start of the event.
- GoPro’s, tablets, and cameras of any kind are prohibited at all DPAC events.
Safety First - Bag Check
- For your safety, all guests and their bags are subject to inspection before entry.
- This inspection may include the use of metal detectors.
- Restricted items include, but are not limited to: Alcohol, Cameras, Glass Bottles, and Weapons of any kind.
- In addition, no large bags are allowed including backpacks and large purses 12 or more inches deep.
- Small clutch purses are STRONGLY recommended.
- For family shows that allow very young children, diapers bags are allowed for guests with infants and toddlers (child must be present).
- Safety first is our goal. Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback at guestservices@DPACnc.com
On sale now for current and new Truist Broadway members. To get special offers to buy tickets before the start of public sales, join our Friends of DPAC e-mail list. Friends of DPAC will be the first to know when tickets become available. Sign up now.